My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: ~ AstroMart LLC~

March 1, 2017 10:00 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

NEW

Posted By ~ AstroMart LLC~

http://www.astromart.com/forums/viewpost.asp?forum_post_id=832855&poll_id=&news_id=&article_id=

March 1, 2017 10:03 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

NEW

http://www.astromart.com/forums/viewpost.asp?forum_post_id=832855&poll_id=&news_id=&article_id=

March 2, 2017 09:32 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Picture up load on AstroMart

CLASSIFIEDS picture uploads should be fixed

Any size will go up

You can upload more than one at a time

Check it out

AstroMart LLC

March 11, 2017 06:32 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Why can't I see my ad/s

You are not a SUPPORTER is my guess

Ads are delayed up to 6 hours for NON SUPPORTERS = you

The ads are shown to SUPPORTERS FIRST

The person the PLACED the ad can only see it in the first 6 hours when LOGGED IN

After that everyone sees it

Thank you
AstroMart

On Mar 11, 2017, at 9:47 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Website Visitor Request

Requester email: [email protected]
emailed @gmail.com,description=I can see my add when I Iog into astromart, but when I open up classifieds with out logging in my ad does not show up?
Description: I can see my add when I Iog into astromart, but when I open up classifieds with out logging in my ad does not show up?
Website address: http://www.astromart.com/classifieds/list.asp?classified_category_id=14
Visitor environment: Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0

May 11, 2017 08:53 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Secrets about AstroMart #1

New people signing up for the first time that choose the straight $15 for a year get total access to the entire site but......the ads YOU see that are not your ads are 2-4 hours old - Advantage SUPPORTERS

Blue Dealers that are here to do a lot of trading ads they see are always delayed 2 hours and then cannot get the email service. Advantage SUPPORTERS

People that renew and choose Purple get 365 days of total access and email notifications for 30 days and real time ads - Advantage SUPPORTERS

People that choose GREEN get 90 days - Red gets 6 months - Brown gets 12 month of total access and email service for the time chosen and no delayed ads - Advantage THESE guys

Lifetime members pay $500 one time and get instant emails - no delays - and total access.

The most valuable place for members to visit on the entire site? MY ACCOUNT - at the TOP RIGHT

This is where you get control of YOUR account and you can see the ads the way YOU want.

May 11, 2017 08:54 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Secrets about AstroMart #2

You can upgrade your support at anytime and receive all the benefits of the higher level for that time period and the new time is added to your old time as to total time

If you understand that then explain it to me please

AstroMart

May 11, 2017 08:55 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Secrets about AstroMart #3

The AstroMart FOUMS are more convienent than most people think

1) you don't even need to visit the AstroMart web site to keep up on your favorite group. You just visit the FORUMS and monitor the group/s you are interested. You get an email you can respond or deleted as news happens.

2) you can put pictures and other information right in your post - no need to put in another file

3) All members use their real names and some of the industries biggest hitters are members and respond to your questions.

4) Today everyone visiting Astromart can read the forums and see who posted them even without an account. Soon that will change so that only members can see the name of the poster.

5) VERY little censorship - don't even have moderators

6) Anything you would like to see changed you can give your input HERE https://www.astromart.com/forums/list.asp?forum_id=854

AstroMart is designed by it's Members and Users - - put in your 2 cents

May 11, 2017 09:01 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Secrets about AstroMart #4

YOU can place as many "no reserve" AUCTIONS you like for FREE ~~~~!!!!

The whole reason for an auction is to get the best value for your product/s. Here are some tips that will help you do that:
1) ALWAY start your auction at a low number like $1
2) If you are going to use a reserve put that reserve at the absolute MINIMUM you would ever take for it - not what you WANT for it
3) Buy it now is only if you are in a hurry to sell it and you think someone would actually pay that price - if you are going to use BUY IT NOW you may as well just put it on the classifieds to begin with. Eh?
Auctions create competition for your item - no competition no auction - get it?
AstroMart auctions differ from others in that we don't stop bidding at a set time IF THERE IS STILL BIDDING GOING ON we add 5 minutes to the auction time so you get the best price for your item - no SNIPPING
Astromart auctions do not take a percentage of your sale price - you pay a set amount 3 auctions for $10 or buy one at a time for $4 - many of you have free auctions that you were given by AstroMart.
If you place a no reserve auction that starts at $1 you get that auction for FREE - as many as you want
If someone doesn't pay you for your auction on AstroMart they get their account deleted and you get a free replacement of your auction.
Thank you and have fun getting the most you can for your items
AstroMart

June 1, 2017 05:34 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Hey give me some that ......

"I responded to ad #949297 last week posted by Lisa Li. I received a response several days later from Lisa Lindstrom stating the original buyer never sent any money and did I still want it. The ad disappeared and I can't find a member by the name of Lisa Li or Lisa Lindstrom. I'm suspicious and wondering why the ad was taken down. PayPal was to be sent to "[email protected]." Can you tell me why the ad was removed?

Thanks,
Dick"

Yet people STILL do this - they buy from these guys and send the money to a different name than the account,

What are you going to do?

Herb

June 17, 2017 05:02 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Expert in the field

Mr computer expert

go to the CLASSIFIEDS tab

LOOK in the LEFT COLUMN

Thank you so much

On Jun 17, 2017, at 2:24 AM, Denny Morse wrote:

Hello Technical Support:

Boy compared to Ebay, your website sucks and is not intuitive at all. I paid my membership fee only to sell a Finger Lakes focuser. But it is not obvious how to do this. I learned on multiple occasions that poorly designed websites should no longer exist.

https://www.pageprogressive.com/websites-should-not-make-you-think/

https://www.amazon.com/Think-Common-Sense-Approach-Usability/dp/0789723107

And working as a software engineer at Google for 10 years on their production systems as a SRE solidified this belief.

On your website it is easy to search for items for sale, but it is not at all obvious how to list items for sale. I'm feeling like I wasted my money on a membership.

Your home page wastes lots of space and should list auctions ending soon at the top of the page if I so choose.

Sincerely,

Dennis