derek houston

Eclipse timeline

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ricardo Amador

September 3, 2003 07:05 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Desperate!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Hi fellow astronomers, I ordered a Meade - LXD55 SN-8 8" f/4 go-to Schmidt-Newtonian with no UHTC telescope from astronomics more than one and a half month go, their customer service told me Meade told them the telescope was ready to ship 3 weeks ago, but still nothing and they say they don’t know what is going on. I am really worried now, since I called Meade to know what is going on. Their customer service person told me they don't have my order registred on their computer. We tried looking by name, address, telescopes ordered by astronomics and my order number at Meade. The order number i got it one month and a half ago when i called Meade, they did have the order in their computer back then.It seems the order has been cancelled, since they don't have it in their records anymore, the person who i talked to told me that order number was invalid. WHAT can I do!?!??!, I tried contacting astronomics and no response, and whorse thing is that I live in Central America and I already made reservations for travelling to the US the incomming month. Any Advice???

September 3, 2003 07:09 PM Forum: Meade

DESPERATE!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Hi fellow astronomers, I ordered a Meade - LXD55 SN-8 8" f/4 go-to Schmidt-Newtonian with no UHTC telescope from astronomics more than one and a half month go, their customer service told me Meade told them the telescope was ready to ship 3 weeks ago, but still nothing and they say they don’t know what is going on. I am really worried now, since I called Meade to know what is going on. Their customer service person told me they don't have my order registred on their computer. We tried looking by name, address, telescopes ordered by astronomics and my order number at Meade. The order number i got it one month and a half ago when i called Meade, they did have the order in their computer back then.It seems the order has been cancelled, since they don't have it in their records anymore, the person who i talked to told me that order number was invalid. WHAT can I do!?!??!, I tried contacting astronomics and no response, and whorse thing is that I live in Central America and I already made reservations for travelling to the US the incomming month. Any Advice???

September 3, 2003 07:11 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

DESPEARATE!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By Ricardo Amador

September 9, 2003 04:17 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

How good is the Meade lxd 55 sn-8" telescope?

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Any of you guys can tell me how good this scope is?, have you had any probles with Meades customer service?

clear skies

Ricardo R. Amador

September 11, 2003 06:06 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

HELP!!!!!Any one own a Meade lxd55 SN-8 telescope

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Any one of you guys own a Meade lxd55 SN-8 telescope. I bought one two months ago, after struggling with meade’s customer service to finish it on time now I am worried about the quality. I haven’t received it yet, it will arrive to Miami tomorrow. But I won’t get the chance to try it until next month because I live outside the us, and I will traveling to Miami next month. Any good experiences, bad experiences with the telescope?, can anyone tell me please...

Thanks and clear skies

Ricardo R. Amador

September 16, 2003 01:29 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Advice for a newbie, Please reply

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Hello fellow astronomers, I recently bough an LXD55 8" SN. It will be the first time I see thru a telescope. I love stars though, since I was a little kid. Could all you give me advices so I start with the right foot in this fascinating and magical science. Including websites, books, sights. Etc. Thanks a lot.

Clear Skies

RIcardo R. Amador

September 17, 2003 12:34 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Has anyone bought an lxd55 ns recentely, pls reply

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Hello fellow astronomeres, i just bought an lxd55 sn, But I am very concerned because I’ve read tons of posts discussing problems involving the tripod of this telescope. Has any one received one recently?, how did it come up? Was it good or did it have a problem?, Have Meade quality standards gotten better lately on this type of telescopes. Thanks again, please reply since I am worried.

Clear skies

Ricardo R. Amador

September 18, 2003 09:46 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

how long is the wait for Meade’s 99 ep prom

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Dear sirs at astromart. Does anyone know how long is the wait right now for Meade’s 99 eyepiece offer at this moment, since I have to leave the country and need it before I leave.

Thanks

Ricardo R. Amador.

September 18, 2003 10:28 PM Forum: Meade

How long is the wait for Meade’s 99 ep offer

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Dear sirs at astromart. Does anyone know how long is the wait right now for Meade’s 99 eyepiece offer at this moment, since I have to leave the country and need it before I leave.

Thanks

Ricardo R. Amador.

September 19, 2003 04:43 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

help!!!! MEADE LOST MY 99 EYEPIECE OFFER!

Posted By Ricardo Amador

Hello I have had problems with meade also. I bought my lxd55 sn8 telescope about 3 months ago, Astonomics told me Meade told them the telescope was ready to ship 1 month a half ago, guess what, it shipped until last week. I requested the eyepiece offer two weeks ago, via mail and paid via cashiers check. Called them yesterday, they didn’t have my order in their system, haven’t received any confirmation letter informing of them receiving the order. What can I do?

Please tell me, it hurts loosing $100, I am starting to hate Meade.

Thanks

Ricardo R. Amador.