Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

May 21, 2020 08:36 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

Well isnt that a convenient collapse of memory on your part LOL.....
Yes, that is rather convenient.🤣😂  I seem to recall quite clearly the hysteria over the 2 million+ number that the "experts" touted.

May 21, 2020 08:47 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
Are you daft in the head Rod?  Per the "experts" we were looking at a death toll of 2 million plus just here in the states. We are under 100k at present.....that is a fantastic job. Either that or the "experts" still being listened to today were as full of shit as a Xmas turkey.....pick one smile
Greg, as Ed McMahon used to tell Karnak, "You are correct, Sir!"

May 22, 2020 01:58 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Hi Darian,

The two million-plus number was the prediction if we did nothing. I honestly don't understand why this is so hard to understand. The epidemiological models update their forecasts in real-time based on the facts on the ground. Additionally, even your hero, Trump, uses this fact to claim that only 150,000 dead by August is a great job.

"Think of the number — potentially 2.2 million people if we did nothing if we didn't do the distancing, if we didn't do all of the things that we're doing," Trump said Sunday. -- Donald J. Trump, May 29th, 2020
James, can you imagine the difference if this "prediction" had not been hysterically blasted by the MSM 24/7? I'll reiterate that I consider the US media the equivalent of excrement. I didn't reach this conclusion 'yesterday'; I've held it for many years and nothing during this virus matter he made me inclined to make a 180° shift.

May 22, 2020 02:06 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

"I honestly don't understand why this is so hard to understand." The Lincoln project has a nice take on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LUSfQ3XkQ8
It reminds of Pence stopping in at a fast food burger joint yesterday. No masks among his entourage except for the reporters. Pence proceeds to fill his cup at the public soda dispenser as the doctors on CNN stare in disbelief. You can't even do that at McDonalds anymore; it's corporate policy. You want a refill? A worker behind a counter  in a mask and gloves will get you one. I honestly don't understand why this so hard to understand....
Rod, that's comical regarding the CNN doctors.grin I admire Pence for going against the mask-wearing mentality. He obviously doesn't consider it necessary. 

May 22, 2020 02:32 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Darian:

I do not recall hysteria.  I recall a large and surprising number of folks supporting social distancing and stay at home efforts.  As you know, I think that the efforts helped a lot, and are continuing to keep this pandemic manageable for the health care system.  The buy-out of toilet paper was a pain.  But I do not recall hysteria among the people.  

If you are talking about hysteria on CNN or MSNBC, I ignored all of that.

Jim
Jim, I suspect that the media(not just CNN, MSNBC) hysteria contributed to a fair amount of unfounded fear in people. When our Democrat governor issued his "stay at home" directive I thought to myself, "Surely, he's joking?". Did he honestly expect me to isolate myself for two weeks? I know some people that are still hesitant about socializing. I suspect a great deal of the staying at home had to do with stores and restaurants being closed, as well as parks, theaters, etc.. I follow the social distancing rules in stores as a courtesy to management and patrons, not because I'm afraid of close contact with others. It's routinely ignored by passing people in aisles, leaving from self-checkout lines, etc. In many ways it's a joke.

Jim, I can't really "put my finger on it" so to speak, but there is something about the way this entire situation has been dealt with that troubles me a great deal.

May 22, 2020 04:35 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by James Lacey

So, you are suggesting that the shut-down and subsequent economic implosion is the fault of the media I take it. All I can say is that I disagree entirely. To think this, you would have to completely ignore all the advice and warnings that were coming from infectious disease experts and what was happening around the world. If you look at the evidence as a whole, it's clear that COVID-19 is no hoax or media hype.
James, If the matter had been reported in a less hysterical manner, i.e. responsible manner, the entire situation would have been dealt with differently. I don't expect responsible reporting from the media; everything is sensationalized. 

I think it was hysteria which prompted navy ships to be sent to NY and emergency hospitals to be set up in Central Park and other places in the US(New Orleans, for example). Those are just several examples of overreactions. Then there was the ventilator crisis that never existed.

James, if you think the matter has been dealt with in an appropriate manner then you have a great deal more faith in the media, government, "experts", etc. than I do.   

May 22, 2020 06:19 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Kemp's reopening: the response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMQPZe7cD7w
grin

May 29, 2020 01:29 AM Forum: Politics

WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine trial

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Jim:

Good one!

Don't forget that the only reason the government wants us to wear masks is social control as we slide toward totalitarianism.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/27/mandatory-masks-arent-about-safety-theyre-about-social-control/

Jim

p.s. I agree with 90% of what is published in The Federalist, but not with this article.  Personally, I am skeptical that the masks do much, but I'm very willing to wear one indoors, where mask wearing is the norm; as a courtesy to the vulnerable, as a recognition that it might help, and because it is actually a very minor inconvenience.   I feel sorry for the clerks in your store Jim, who are probably wearing them all day.  That would be very uncomfortable.  I'm not wearing one outdoors, like 90% of the folks in my Denver neighborhood.   I have been glared at once or twice by the strict 10%. 

Jim
Jim, if the CO governor ordered that everyone wear a mask outside, would you do so?

June 2, 2020 10:16 PM Forum: Politics

You OK with this?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials

"A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.

"We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!""

I watched it live and was stunned.
Cry me a river.😭

June 2, 2020 10:21 PM Forum: Politics

You OK with this?

Posted By Darian Rachal

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dc-protesters-trump-church-visit