Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Darian Rachal

June 3, 2020 03:29 AM Forum: Politics

You OK with this?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
https://apple.news/A56t1JBtzRyarsBY5NZ4bZw

I’ll post this but know none of you right wing bozo’s will read it. It supports the original premise of the thread that Darian and Mel discounted with their posts. 
Jim, I scanned through it, but who really gives a f*** about what these so-called "religious leaders" think. I agree with the individuals mentioned in the article who think that what Trump did was appropriate. NPR has about as much credibility as CNN.

So, what specifically was it that these people were protesting against? 

June 3, 2020 04:35 AM Forum: Politics

You OK with this?

Posted By Darian Rachal

Take your blinders off and you might see what is happening. Maybe explore a few different news sources besides faux news.
Jim, what value is exposing one's self to leftist propaganda? Fox has limited value as a "news" source, but it does provide a view contrary to the MSM. When Trump was giving his speech yesterday, I got sick of Fox showing a split screen of Trump and riot footage they had probably shown 1000 times; I went to C-Span. At times Fox is as worthless as CNN. Actually, Jim, I find a constant barrage of Co-Vid 19 and riot "information" tedious. I can only imagine the effect on an individual, sitting in front of the 'idiot box' for a prolonged period, absorbing that garbage; I honestly think that it must have a negative effect psychologically.

And what "is happening" specifically? I'm confident that the situation will eventually be resolved in an appropriate manner.

June 4, 2020 10:19 PM Forum: Politics

Secretary Of Defense Isn't Ok With This...

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

This isn't going away, either. I mean Matthis is still getting traction even on Fox. Did you check the latest polling on Fox? Even Arizona and Ohio are favoring Biden...
🤣😂

June 5, 2020 03:06 AM Forum: Politics

George Floyd's Background

Posted By Darian Rachal

If the information in this video is correct regarding Floyd's criminal record, there's certainly no reason to exalt him. https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=273957870461345&ref=watch_permalink

June 5, 2020 04:50 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Originally Posted by David Cotterell
How in the wide world of sports does George Floyd's "background" have anything at all to do with the way in which his life was ended????    

His hands were cuffed behind his back and he was lying on his stomach beside the police car.  What threat was he at that point?  What was he gonna do, get up and head-butt a police officer?   Run away?

If, when Floyd was in that prone position, the four cops felt he was still resisting, then they could have knelt on his hips and legs and handcuffed his ankles and hogtied him.

But that's not what they did....

Dave
David, when you have some free time, watch the entire video. A friend sent the link this morning, I saw the length of the video and decided that, at the time, I didn't feel like stopping what I was doing for 18 minutes. Later this evening I decided to check it out.

The video is not about the way his life was ended.

June 5, 2020 07:31 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

I've watched it. More than once.   Yeah, he resisted at times during the arrest.  But they got him in cuffs with his hands behind his back and he was still alive.  They walked him across the street to the other police car.  He was still alive.   There was a struggle putting him in the car. He was still alive.  At one point Floyd seemed to be in a sitting position.  He was still alive.  They got him prone.  He was still alive.   

THEN one cop knelt on his neck for nearly 9 minutes.  One or two other cops knelt on his back for nearly 9 minutes. Then he was no longer alive.  

How dare you bring up his "background" in this discussion?  What has that to do with the police suffocating this person?  The penalty for being 'known to the police' isn't death.  The penalty for having a rap sheet a yard long isn't death. The penalty for having a prison record or a criminal record isn't death. (And I'm not saying Floyd had any of these - I don't know if he did or didn't - just taking a worst case scenario)   And, in the specific events in the video.......The penalty for passing phoney currency isn't death.  The penalty for resisting arrest isn't death. 

But those 4 policemen killed him anyway... 

Dave

Dave,  if you watched the video twice, it seems to me that you still don't get what the woman is talking about. You keep harping on the fact that the policemen killed him; that really is not the point of the video.

June 5, 2020 12:12 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

I misunderstood you.  I watched the video of the arrest/death of George Floyd twice.  I thought that was your link...  

But you were linking to a young woman's video, which i have now watched, about George Floyd  not being a shining example of wonderfulness, not a 'credit to his race', so to speak.  I get that.  He was an imperfect guy.  His poor choices led him to become of interest to the police.  

So.  What. 

His past, his choices and what he did that day cannot be held up as excuses or reasons for how he was treated.. Bringing up his 'Background' just reeks of racism and whataboutism in this situation.

Dave 
Dave, something is just not registering with you or you're jumping to some odd conclusions.sad I'll give you credit though. If you actually watched the video, you're doing more than I likely would do if you posted a video of that length.

Your statement about racism, I find comical.w00t

June 5, 2020 12:13 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Nothing I can say hasn’t already been said by Dave. It’s reprehensible trying to rationalize Mr. Floyd’s murder.

June 5, 2020 08:12 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Dave and Jim, it was likely unrealistic for me to post a link to an 18-minute video and expect anyone to take the time to watch it. The woman in the video is critical of the exaltation of George Floyd and finds it interesting how blacks seem to be the only group that idolizes criminals. According to the video, George had a history of extremely violent criminal behavior. When arrested, he had methamphetamine in his system and was in possession of  'white powdery substance'. He was attempting to use a counterfeit $100.00 bill. The man was hardly a model citizen.cwy

June 6, 2020 12:09 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Darian Rachal

Breonna Taylor.

Now make the same argument......please, bring up her background....

Dave
David, what is your point? In the Floyd matter, the policemen responsible for his death have been arrested. The Breonna Taylor matter is under investigation.