My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rob Moerschel

October 8, 2003 02:17 AM Forum: Religion

What Happens..........

Posted By Rob Moerschel

"God..I cork me bat in the playoffs for a reason. I still have faith in you alls the way to zee bank"

Sosa

October 31, 2003 07:07 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Full field of view?

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'll probably wait a week or two to see if the 26mm pops up for sale here, otherwise will purchase one new to replace my 25mm plossl.

Rob

December 30, 2003 02:01 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

TMB monocentrics vs. UO orthos

Posted By Rob Moerschel

I currently have the TMB monos (4-6-8) and have had the UO orthos (4-7-12.5-18) in the past. The primary difference I've noticed (besides FOV) is the monos produce slightly brighter images and much higher contrast on planets through a 5" APO. They also work well with a C9.25 but I never used the UO orthos through this scope to compare. Haven't observed any double-stars with them yet. Looking forward to the TMB 1.8X barlow next month.

Rob

February 21, 2004 06:05 PM Forum: Religion

No End to the Neocon's War

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Here's a statement from Secretary Rumsfeld on June 6th 2002 which makes me convinced the Bush Administration made the right decision regarding war. smile

"The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say, well that's basically what we see as the situation."

Rob

March 16, 2004 01:02 AM Forum: Politics

New Poll

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Why don't we just poll the terrorists who they prefer: George Bu$h or Jonah Kohn.

smile

Rob

April 6, 2004 01:44 AM Forum: Politics

Lessons learned...

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Yes. The weak minded brainwashed by the news media, the sports nuts distracted by entertainment, and the clueless non-political incompetents living on the good ship lollipop.

Rob

April 14, 2004 11:23 PM Forum: Politics

Unbelievable ignorance !!!

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Our middle east policies he supports are completely ignorant as well. He speech last night was a disagrace. This guy still doesn't admit when he is wrong or makes mistakes. Second, he thinks they still may find WMD in Iraq by comparing them to the disclosing of 50 tons of mustard gas in a turkey farm in Libya. He then talks about SADR and Iraqi insurgents whom to me is no different than George Washington and our patriotic troops in the Revolutionary war. Next, he discusses freedom in Iraq after they shut down the Iraq newspaper. Then he talks about sovergnty on June 30th, but doesn't know whom will be in charge. Let me guess... Chalabi the puppet whom is wanted for Jordan embezzlement. Also, has no idea of how long our troops will be in Iraq. Probably long enough to attack Iran and Syria if he is re-elected as our economy continues to faulter. And last, wants to change the world. Well, he can start by changing his gray tie as it was flashing various colors due to light reflection the entire news conference. However, well suitable for a clown. Fighting terrorism is the right direction, but its the ignorant way Bush is going about it.

Rob

April 15, 2004 12:20 AM Forum: Politics

O.K., What would you do? (Revisited)

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Simple:

1) Establish a fully streamlined and productive homeland security process.
2) Remove all troops from Iraq and turn power over to the Iraqi people by year end.
3) Change to an even-handed middle east policy
4) Build a true global coalition with UN regulation to fight terrorism going into 2005.

Rob

June 4, 2004 11:42 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

FeatherTouch Question

Posted By Rob Moerschel

Thanks Bill! That answers my question. I appreciate the feedback.

Clear skies,

Rob

September 27, 2004 04:44 PM Forum: Politics

Bush Tax Cuts Extended

Posted By Rob Moerschel

These tax cuts are just a last minute ploy to get more votes. Our deficit is increasing primariliy due to this useless middle east war and this guy wants more tax cuts to only special interest groups. He makes me sick.

Rob