My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dale Long

October 22, 2003 08:55 PM Forum: Celestron

CGE 1100 Mount

Posted By Dale Long

Can anyone tell me whether the mount/tripod on the CG 1100 is the same one as on the CGE 1400? I don't think it is, but I have not seen them physically either.

Thanks,

Dale

October 28, 2003 04:37 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CGE1100 vs 12" LX200 GPS SMT

Posted By Dale Long

OK, so it looks like I have settled to these 2 choices. What I would like to know is if I would be better off with one or the other. The LX200 would have to have a wedge at +$400 roughly, the CGE1100 would need a 2" star diagonal at +$150 and a GPS at +$200. THis puts the CGE at about $400 higher than the LX200. The big plus (??) on the CGE is the GEM and the better portability. Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Dale

November 4, 2003 11:32 PM Forum: Meade

12" LX200 GPS SMT vs. 11" CGE1100

Posted By Dale Long

I posted this question in the equipment forum, but response was limited. I am looking at these two scopes, both with the enhanced coatings, and was trying to gather user opinions. The Meade definitely has more features and is less expensive. The Celestron has that nice GEM and is probably easier to transport. I want to get into a bit of astrophotography as well as just plain old observing. That means that the Meade will probably need a wedge.

What are some of the reasons that you bought your scope? What are the downsides to living with what you have? I am going to post this same message in the other guys forum and hopefully get a lot of feedback.

Thanks,

DL

November 4, 2003 11:33 PM Forum: Celestron

CGE1100 vs. LX200 GPS SMT

Posted By Dale Long

I posted this question in the equipment forum, but response was limited. I am looking at these two scopes, both with the enhanced coatings, and was trying to gather user opinions. The Meade definitely has more features and is less expensive. The Celestron has that nice GEM and is probably easier to transport. I want to get into a bit of astrophotography as well as just plain old observing. That means that the Meade will probably need a wedge.

What are some of the reasons that you bought your scope? What are the downsides to living with what you have? I am going to post this same message in the other guys forum and hopefully get a lot of feedback.

Thanks,

DL

December 16, 2003 02:41 PM Forum: Celestron

Re: CG5 Advanced GOTO mount

Posted By Dale Long

Ray,

Go to www.nexstarsite.com and then to the odds and ends section. Click on the AS-GT series and look for the Pin Connections in Auto Guide Port link. I have attached an image file of the popup page.

Dale

December 16, 2003 08:20 PM Forum: Celestron

Re: CG5 Advanced GOTO mount

Posted By Dale Long

Ray, my only advice would be to go to www.mapug.org and look for the info....