Need Help?

Posts Made By: Bill Madewell

October 11, 2007 11:39 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: Craters imaged on Mars

Posted By Bill Madewell

Dan,
That is fantastic !!! grin
Need info on equipment and software.
I am about to get started in astro-photo, and I am scared too death. If that picture was pasta, bring on the cheese...
B

October 31, 2007 10:24 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Maybe a easy question

Posted By Bill Madewell

Is there any improvment difference between using a New dioptric coated right angle finder, between an Apo refractor or just an regular Acro refractor ?
I am not sure, I am wondering if I should pay the extra money, or just be content with what I have. I don't remember any side by side, trials....
Coments are welcome and realy needed.

Bill

November 1, 2007 10:05 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Whow there nelle

Posted By Bill Madewell

I was reading CNN website last night, and the Artical about the Chinese saying they wlll and want too be a part of the ISS multi nation consortium.
By reading this, it sounds like they will FORCE the issue.
If this happens, I will lose ALL respect for the NASA and other space programs.
I still will say this again, the need to pay their dues and do the homework, too receave a seat at the table.

November 1, 2007 10:46 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Roll Off

Posted By Bill Madewell

Do anyone have the pictures,plans, etc. of their personal Roll off observatory. I need an Idea for my project. I have a 16 inch sono tube Dob, I would like the right way or personal stories of problems and successess of building their observatory.
Thax

November 16, 2007 04:14 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

2 questions

Posted By Bill Madewell

Guys,
I am getting a SPC900NC Philips, and the question is, what filters do I need too do the Planetary and maybe bright deepsky work ???

Second, I am thinking of getting a New Laptop, what things do I need or specs, should the Laptop have , too perform the work now, as well as future upgrades ???

I am not a computer Guroo, but I can learn, Slowly....... :S

Please give me your ideas here or in private e-mail...

Thankyou,
Bill

December 4, 2007 08:46 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

NASA new idea , and it makes sence

Posted By Bill Madewell

Folks,
I read an artical tonight on another site, talking about NASA sending Astronauts too Mars first, orbiting the Planet and doing remote work with rover style robots, before landing on the Planet.
I look at it as safer,cheaper, and will let technology and logistics work itself out first. An orbiting platform with shipments of supplys and other great ideas I feel is the way too go. We might see the work done on ISS , as not in vane, but deffinately a steping stone as we learn. What do you think guys ?
Let me have it ! grin

bill

December 24, 2007 07:09 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Wake-up call

Posted By Bill Madewell

Back in the early 90's, Comet Shoemaker-Levy hit Jupiter and caught the eye of the world society. Now we have one comming pretty close to Mars and has a chance of 1 in 75 hitting the planet. In 2029 we have one comming toward our way. Will this cause people too wake-up and make government, put an infussion of money into NASA ?

From what I understand, NASA has am budget of 4 million and a staff of 2 shift that would support McDonnalds..

Where are the priorities here ?

Bill

January 6, 2008 04:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Power Suggestions

Posted By Bill Madewell

I my walkabout research, I have need info for one thing or another. My problem is, and I hope someone can answer , I am looking for a powerstorage system too run a laptop, red lights, ccd cameras , dew zappers and so on.. I know that Celestron, Orion, Meade, and maybe some others, sale a unit. Some of these units have radios, jumper cables, diferent DC outputs and AC-DC or DC-AC converters. I also hear that all have sometime of power-output life time depending on cold-heat and so on. So my question is, what is the ""BEST unit""out there for me to purchase to run my stuff, when I am in the field, and no exsternal power is at hand ??/
Everybody comment is most welcome, even pictures, and you can to your decissions. I want too know the Good, BAD, and the Ugly.
I got too buy something to settle me problem. Also, what are the different ways you recharge your power units ?

Thanks guys, and Let me have it !!!!!!!!!

Bill

January 10, 2008 04:27 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

The world is square

Posted By Bill Madewell

As time goes by, I see more and more new and interesting forums here on A-Mart. Now I am waiting for one that would say, "Astronomers Dating forum". wink

Poor Herb already has his hands busy. Buy some web-site will do it. 8O

What would be the paremeters and questions ask?
Reminds me of my good ol days in the Air Force, 50 guys for every 2 women.
That was rough. But if anybody has an astronomy dating site, please share...

January 21, 2008 06:54 AM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

Looking...

Posted By Bill Madewell

Can anybody direct me too the best websites that sell Meteorites , and how can a person be sure that the seller, is a good repripable dealer ?
Im looking for my teaching with kids and groups. It is definatelly a good way for the kids and adults to see the real "McCoy".....

Thanks , Bill