Posts Made By: Brian Goodman

March 23, 2004 04:50 PM Forum: Binoviewers

I feel like I'm on the politics Forum!!!

Posted By Brian Goodman

This is why people on the other forums dislike this forum. Has nothing to do with Binoviewing. I'm sure you guys are scaring the newbies away!!!

March 24, 2004 05:46 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Hey Chris N.

Posted By Brian Goodman

Chris. Have you had a chance to do more comparisons with your XT8 vs your XT10? Our Colorado skies have been awesome beyond belief. Some of the best viewing I have ever had!. Keep me informed when you can!... thanks

March 27, 2004 03:27 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Anybody using their light shrouds?

Posted By Brian Goodman

I'm sure that everybody has recieved their light shrouds by now. Last week for three nights in a row I used a light weight black fleece over my head with the binoviewer. The temps ranged from 38 degrees to 20 degrees. My eyepieces never fogged up, and even on a dark night, it made everything just alittle bit darker. It did boost the contrast alittle bit, but it got to be a pain in the butt to have to keep pulling that thing over your head and adjust it. But it does help, and is worth the time to test it.

April 2, 2004 03:30 PM Forum: Binoviewers

My one inch Takahashi

Posted By Brian Goodman

You know, by cruising around the forums, you run into the more "informed people" with their optical theories and their mathematical calculations. And they will tell you how your telescope will perform. In high school and college, math was not my strong point, so I do listen and try to be polite. And with my various telescopes all I know is what look's good to me. Recently I had my Tak FS 78 with my Denks trained on M13. I admit, sometimes I can't decide whether I am happy with my Tak's performance with a Binoviewer. I mean three inches is three inches. But since I have learned recently that my Binoviewer will more or less turn my Tak into around a one inch scope, AND I remember that my view of M13 was resolved to the core with gorgeous glittering points of light: well I guess my little one inch Tak is doing just fine!!...Sorry for the attitude.

April 9, 2004 03:30 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Denk 1.25" 2X multiplier

Posted By Brian Goodman

For a Refractor, does that just screw on part S, or do you remove part S first?. And then that will double your magnification in 1.2X mode and 2.5X mode?... thanks.

April 15, 2004 02:35 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Skunk Chaser?,

Posted By Brian Goodman

Mothballs!. Throw some of those around . Skunks hate em. If that does'nt work, take off your Nagler and throw it at em!.

April 15, 2004 03:51 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Goodbye Newts. Hello SCT

Posted By Brian Goodman

I got rid of all of my Orion newts (6LT and Pro 8). And purchased a new 8" Celestron SCT OTA with XLT. That stubby little tube on my Unistar deluxe and Bogen 3058 with the Denks is a solid performer and very user friendly. A definite step up by looking at the views. I think an 11" SCT OTA may not be far behind if my Unistar/Bogen combo can handle it. I just ordered a starsweeper. I believe my part S will perform just like a 2X multiplier with the magnifications being 1.7X on the nosepiece or 2.2X on the diagonal. Am I correct on that?, or am I off somewhat... thanks for the help.

April 16, 2004 02:36 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Lanthanum Superwide's ??

Posted By Brian Goodman

I do admit that the LS EP's are looking attractive to me. 20mm of ER. 65 degrees FOV. And a pair would be $100 less than 24 pans. 22mm and 13mm are right in the ranges that I use. No risk Orion return policy. Are they worth it?.

April 19, 2004 04:03 PM Forum: Binoviewers

My first Astromart Classifieds experience

Posted By Brian Goodman

I have never bought or sold anything used on Astromart before. But I had to give it a shot. I have 14mm and 21mm Pentax XL's on the way to add to the two I have. I pray my calculations with the binoviewer are correct. So far it's been very smooth. I can see how the rating system is so important. Everybody seem's so concerned with that , and it seem's like it could make or break your buying and selling success. I'm probably going to try the selling part soon with my Pentax XL Zoom and my Takahashi (sorry babe). Is paypal the prefered way of doing it. Is that the smoothest way?.I know some of you are old hat's at this, so any comments would be great. I'll delete this if it is off topic... Thanks guy's.

April 25, 2004 03:58 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Hey Tom H.

Posted By Brian Goodman

I noticed your looking for two Pentax's. My 14mm XL arrived, and they are sweet in the Binoviewer. Make sure you have two SCD holder's. And the eyecup's can be removed.