New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Roger Laureys

April 7, 2019 04:34 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Possible scammer # 451099 Takahashi Mewlon 250 in Estonia

Posted By Roger Laureys

Hello to you all,

I reacted to this ad from Aolgeir Laseinoae and wanted to buy the Mewlon from him. He has no ratings and is only member since 21/3/2019.He asked me to send the money using the Paypal address  [email protected] askin he explained it was his USA paypal address he used when living in the USA before coming home to Estonia
I asked him for his home address and telephone number so I could check his identity. Even after a reminder I got complete silence. So please be careful...
Roger
Belgium

April 7, 2019 04:34 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Posted By Roger Laureys

Hello to you all,

I reacted to this ad from Aolgeir Laseinoae and wanted to buy the Mewlon from him. He has no ratings and is only member since 21/3/2019.He asked me to send the money using the Paypal address  [email protected] askin he explained it was his USA paypal address he used when living in the USA before coming home to Estonia
I asked him for his home address and telephone number so I could check his identity. Even after a reminder I got complete silence. So please be careful...
Roger
Belgium

April 7, 2019 09:32 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Posted By Roger Laureys

Originally Posted by ~ AstroMart LLC~
I find no members with the information you are supplying

None

Herb
See Classifieds/Telescope/Dall-Kirkham/#451099

December 6, 2019 01:15 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Beware, potential fraudulent announcement

Posted By Roger Laureys

Originally Posted by Sylvain Humbert
Dear, I am currently waiting for an AP 130 EDF that was being sold by a seller in Portugal. Since I live in Europe, I thought it would be easy, but it is not : I did chat with the seller, got a copy of his ID, and paid the amount for the refractor : since then, I have no news, it has been a week now, I am getting worried, seriously.
So, be careful, the ad is still open, don’t fall for it, an AP130 EDF f6 in Portugal, BE CAREFUL !
(Any astromarter in Europe who got trapped like me, and who know how to take legal actions, please let me know).
Many thanks
Sylvain
Sorry to read you have been scammed Sylvain. Did you pay by Paypal?

Still enjoying your Zeiss eyepiece.

Best regards,
Roger

December 6, 2019 01:20 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

How do I change a rating I have given?

Posted By Roger Laureys

I gave a 1* rating to an Astromarter which I would like to change into 5* after he explained what happened. However I cannot find how to do this. Can you advice me how to do it?
Thanks

December 9, 2019 11:43 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Possible scammer # 468771 Takahashi TOA 130

Posted By Roger Laureys

Hello,

When this ad appeared I reacted immediately with an offer to buy this telescope. Payment only by Paypal. I also asked for his address and telephone number in order to check his identity before sending off the money. After 5 days I got no reply,even after a reminder mail.
Ginomy has no ratings and his offer was very tempting at this low price. His silence is very suspicious so I gave him a 1* rating.
I think this ad is a possible scam, so be careful. I hope I am wrong...

December 10, 2019 06:47 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Posted By Roger Laureys

Sorry I didn't know that.Can I undo my negative rating?
Best regards,
Roger

December 10, 2019 03:26 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

December 10, 2019 03:29 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Posted By Roger Laureys

And the user profile doesn't exist anymore... so I was probably rightangel