My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Minnhaar

November 5, 2023 05:45 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Posted By Michael Minnhaar

I have notable delays at times, too. Some 3-4 seconds before one page of classified listing shows.
When its slow, its usually slow for a while (I'm maybe 10-20min max on the site per session).

And at other times it comes within less than one second, consistently.

November 5, 2023 05:51 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

classified not posting

I frequently (about half the time, 3 out of six or 7 nights) can't place a classified because it hangs with the "Please Wait .." screen when submitting the ad.

If this happens, I try re-entering and posting several more times or even and hour later - still no joy. So happened tonight Nov 4 10:15-10:30pm PDT.
On some other nights it works just fine on the first try, less than a second from submit to the next page.

Windows 10, Edge browser.

classified not posting

I frequently (about half the time, 3 out of six or 7 nights) can't place a classified because it hangs with the "Please Wait .." screen when submitting the ad.

If this happens, I try re-entering and posting several more times or even and hour later - still no joy. So happened tonight Nov 4 10:15-10:30pm PDT.
On some other nights it works just fine on the first try, less than a second from submit to the next page.

classified not posting

November 5, 2023 05:53 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

classified not posting

I also swear I only pressed 'post" once - and now it shows this same post three times.

There are other forums here with ten to twenty repetitions of the same post, so this seems to be a recurring problem.

November 10, 2023 09:04 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Explore Scientific 100mm Ep ???

https://explorescientificusa.com/products/vixen-100mm-finder-eyepiece-1-25

I have no idea why anyone would want that.

And no - I know how these things work. And why I want what in an eyepiece. I have a 100mm myself, but its at least in a 2" barrel ...

So the most plausible explanation is that its April 1st somewhere in the universe, right now.

November 10, 2023 11:46 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Zoom Lens

If you have bought the EP with a credit card - check it that gives you some extension of the warranty.

I myself find zoom EP quite usefull for high power observing. One zoom usually is equivalent of at least 3 fixed ones and its super easy to "see" what the best magnification is.

But also keep in mind - there are optic limitations to all zooms out there. They go neither super wide FOV, nor are they the sharpest at very low f-ratios and eye relief is at times less than what equivalent fixed EP offer.
So for low power, deep sky observing I stay with fixed, "highly optimized" EP. But my maksutov hasn't been used with anything but a Baader 8-24mm in many years and the Nagler 3-6mm is the only real high power eyepiece I have left.