Posts Made By: Mel Maki

July 31, 2022 03:46 AM Forum: Politics

According To The People Who Make The Call, We're Not In A Recession

Posted By Mel Maki

My father lived through the depression while I coasted through the golden 50's.
His father got here from Finland just after 1900. First job? The mines. I can only imagine those conditions.

July 31, 2022 04:06 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

Originally Posted by Darian Rachal

When a person starts complaining about how kids today are, I've thought that is a sign of a person getting old. wink I deliberately try to avoid thinking negatively about young people.smile
I have felt this way since my 30's.
I also get what you are saying.

July 31, 2022 04:08 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

Originally Posted by James Lacey

I work with young people from all over the world. No one imports more STEM workers than the US. They are almost all, without exception, phenomenal.
I have never thought STEM workers lacked effort.

July 31, 2022 12:23 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

Still in your 60's? A bunch of dam kids!

July 31, 2022 10:01 PM Forum: Politics

Hmmm, not a word here about the missing texts messages

Posted By Mel Maki

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Have they checked Hunter's laptop for the missing messages?
"...one of the most tragic days in our democracy's history..."

Yep, I knew instantly it deserved it's place with the Twin Towers coming down and should even be right there with Pearl Harbor, also!

August 1, 2022 12:35 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

The story is still developing. Just skimming the headlines there are even some trying to blame Dems! I'd like to see what develops this afternoon before I start hollering at politicians.

August 1, 2022 12:54 AM Forum: Politics

House Passes Assault Weapons Ban Bill/And About That Burn Pit

Posted By Mel Maki

Some of the issues are not that clear cut. There are still people claiming Biden's effort to reduce inflation will increase inflation.
Some popular Dems have in the past said one does not raise taxes when the economy is slow.

August 1, 2022 01:57 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

You're mixing up the climate bill, ie Manchin's bill, with this one at least as far as I can ascertain from your statements. And what you do state is not accurate in the long run on Manchin's bill as it'll ultimately help reduce inflation.
Not mixing up anything. I said "issues", that is plural for some of the debate going on in DC now. And it is a debate because there are smart people on both sides agreeing or disagreeing if that bill will reduce inflation or not.

August 1, 2022 02:06 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

We're talking about veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan being denied care for cancer and other diseases they contracted after being exposed to the smoke from toxic burn pits. Cruz and the others were happy to vote down the legislation, hence the fist bumps. You really ought to look at some alternative news sources than what you are watching.     
"alternative news sources"
I can tell I read many more sources than Rod and probably you. A problem is how much stuff they add to the bills. So their easy defense is, "I didn't like the bs so and so added. So gotta be against it.

August 1, 2022 03:26 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Mel Maki

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

I know, right? Mel needs to check his sources and he'll get back to you. LOL.
Have you decided Rod is a good news source?