My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jerry Mead

January 16, 2008 12:28 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Reporting a Violation?

Posted By Jerry Mead

I recently responded to an ad for 2 eyepieces. The seller responded quickly to my offer and quickly to all subsequent questions. I sent a money order 2 weeks ago and now get no response. I have tried responding to other ads from same seller and nothing. The seller had 14 other transactions so seemed trustworthy. I know personal emergencies can arise, but I see the seller listed another eyepiece 7 days after the one I paid for. I'm just wondering from some of you veteran users, what action can I take? I want my item or my money and I also want to warn other users. any help is appreciated, thanks.

February 25, 2008 03:29 AM Forum: Celestron

My First C8 - a couple questions

Posted By Jerry Mead

Hi all, I recently bought a used Celestar C8. It was not abused but perhaps a bit neglected. I see some smudges etc on the front corrector. I've seen some methods for cleaning but wondering how risky it is. I don't want to make it worse. also, the focus knob seems to catch once per revolution in the same spot. Is this normal? Is it a common problem? is it something that me a novice can fix?

any help greatly appreciated. also any tips that will help me get the most out of it smile

Thanks in advance, Jerry Mead

January 16, 2008 03:15 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Reporting a Violation?

Posted By Jerry Mead

Thanks to everyone for replies, nice to see an online community that cares and responds so quickly smile

Herb, I sent you an email as requested.

To answer other questions, I have sent an email everyday since last Wednesday, which is one week after mailing the money order. All emails were friendly stating "just checking on status, etc"

I also sent private message from her profile page, and replied to her 2 other current ads. One is pending to another buyer, I'm curious how that turns out.

February 28, 2008 06:26 AM Forum: Celestron

My First C8 - a couple questions

Posted By Jerry Mead

Thanks all for the replies. I think I can be content with the corrector since it appears to be light smudging and not something major like bird dung. The focus issue though is annoying, I wasn't sure if that was common to these scopes. I looked at that article and may endeavor it one rainy day. wink What type of grease would be recommended if I get that far?

Clear skies to all,

Jerry