My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Norm Peer

October 4, 2010 02:59 PM Forum: After Dark

Ho Hum grasping at straws again.

Posted By Norm Peer

When they find a planet, near earth size that orbits a yellow star, and is not tidally locked, wake me up.
Everything I've ever read says tidally locked exoplanets are poor candidates for life. And what of the radiation? I would think it is significant so close to any star.
I think the planet hunters are too willing to take a leap of faith on these questionable exoplanets.

October 28, 2009 09:00 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Lindzen explains the politics vs the science

Posted By Norm Peer

Doug,
I found the article disturbing. I have seen some of this data before, but was never convinced global warming was a real problem. The graphs in the article were very clear, warming is definitely occurring, especially over the last half of the century. Yet, the author trys to explain away what is clear to anyone who can read a graph.
The article definitely had the opposite effect on me. It was clearly politicized. I thought this was going to be an objective analysis. It was anything but. Also, the author trys to demean both the President of MIT, and the head of the federal government science council. He should have such great qualifications on his resume.
Please, would someone do an OBJECTIVE analysis of the science. It just amazes me how seemingly everyone wants to politicize this issue to support their own beliefs. It is especially disappointing to read that attitude from a scientist.

December 8, 2009 10:34 PM Forum: SCI-FI

Posted By Norm Peer

Thought the science was bull, but the movie was fun (I mean it is just a movie). Loved the car chase through the crumbling city. It would have been better if they cut at least a half hour from the end.

January 14, 2009 04:35 PM Forum: Polls

Who wins the 2009 Super Bowl?

Posted By Norm Peer

Like all Pittsburghers and all of Steeler Nation, I love the Steelers. We have the added bonus of having the best team in the NFL this year.

Here we go Steelers! Lets be the first to get that ring on the other hand.

January 15, 2009 04:35 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Norm Peer

That's some in depth analysis, to which I will say "uh-uh".

January 15, 2009 10:23 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Norm Peer

Jim,
Bet you still hate Cowher for benching you in first game of the year in Jacksonville a few years back.

June 26, 2009 08:55 PM Forum: Polls

The economy

Posted By Norm Peer

Dude,
First, take a chill pill. Second your argument would sound much more intelligent if you knew English. It's higher taxes, not hire taxes.
You should be a little ashamed of that. However, I found your post amusing mostly about North Korea. As a retired Naval officer, when I heard how they were going to punish us I laughed like the late Ed McMahon. Honestly, I'd give Luxembourg the edge in a fight between the two.

October 16, 2009 02:23 PM Forum: Polls

Wins the 2009 World Series

Posted By Norm Peer

Couldn't agree more. Hate the Yankees. I consider the Yankees and Red Sox cheaters. When you spend 100 million more than ANY other team what does that say? It says you're trying to buy a championship. Just because there is no rule against it doesn't make it sporting. See if NASCAR fans would be OK with a driver using a car that cost millions more and was faster than the competitors. The sport would be dead in a year.
Personally, the disparity between teams has ruined my favorite sport, and I now consider it on the level of the WWF. It's just a show for the big markets now. Middle and small market teams are just there to fill the schedule. I will never watch the Yankees in any game. If they're in the world series, I will watch something else. They'll never make a penny on me.

April 19, 2010 10:35 PM Forum: Polls

Wins American Idol 2010

Posted By Norm Peer

Agree. Bowersox girl can sing, but she creeps me out. I've never gotten used to the whole face piercing thing, but even without that something about her...

September 10, 2010 03:00 PM Forum: Polls

The One Trillion $ stimulus

Posted By Norm Peer

Stimulus and bailouts did help me. Can't say I was in favor of the bank bailouts, but it did save jobs for about 20 of my coworkers and friends who dothe majority fo their work for AIG.
New home buyer credit helped me dump a property in a slum for a profit.
GM bailout kept me from having to lose my warranty.
I'm just saying.