Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

APM for Exoplanet Search

Started by apmtelescopes, 09/12/2015 10:21AM
Posted 09/12/2015 10:21AM Opening Post
Installation at New Mexico Skies was done before, now followed the installation in Tenerife on Teide the APM GE 300 direct drive mount and soon the thrid and last one of this project in Urumqui , North-West China

the Mount with piwer weight about 2200 pound, use direct drive and absolut encoders as well as the SiTech/USA controle system from Dan Gray ( a wonderful product and person )

the telescopes custom made and delivered by Officina Stellare

the focusers are the FLI Atlas Focusers

the Cameras are Andor Camera's

the customer : Qatar Foundation

Attached Image:

apmtelescopes's attachment for post 59711

clear skies

Markus Ludes
APM-Telescopes/Germany
Posted 09/12/2015 10:22AM #1
more pictures

Attached Image:

apmtelescopes's attachment for post 149996

clear skies

Markus Ludes
APM-Telescopes/Germany
Posted 09/13/2015 10:36PM #2
Hi Markus, Fascinating! Couple decades ago we needed field AND res for some aerospace application and I suggested a "Fly's Eye" matrix of cams with overlapping fields. The other engineers kept trying to design single lens that got very ugly, very fast, very $$$! Now the sensible parquet is used successfully. Granted, software makes the stitching much easier. Beautiful instrument AND indeed $400K for the mount seems a real bargain to me! Other advantage is 1 or 2 spare cams/lenses can keep the whole thing up and running even if one module needs servicing. Very Cool! Glad to see you/they are using FLI focusers - FLI is right down the street from me. Tom Dey

29-inch Dob in a dome
36-inch upgrade soon
LUNT 80/80 solar scope
FLI 6803 cam
APM 100mm APO Binos
JMI RB-16 Night Vision Binos
Zeiss 20x60 IS binos