Another AT8RC image, M27 RGBL.

Started by fblue, 07/25/2009 06:22PM
Posted 07/25/2009 06:22PM Opening Post
Hello all,
Well, this week I was at MT Pinos for three nights. I wanted to escape the heat at LAAS and so 8,300' sounded good. The weather was pleasant, but some high clouds were less than perfect. Seeing was only fair on each night, with the last being the best I beleive and on that night I got some good data.

The other two nights gave poor results and I did have some guiding issues on one night, so only one image for the three nights. cwy But, I got the bugs worked out I think and will now guide using the internal guide chip on my ST2000xm and CCDSoft instead of PHD and the guide scope and camera. I just have been having a lot of issue of late with PHD and I had to try another approach.

So, here is the image, hope you like it. I think that it came out well with good details and resolution. The AT8RC is really a pleasure, it gives very good color and with the TV .8 reducer it is fairly fast a f/6.4, so exposures are quick and saturated well. The resolution seems better and the field is quite flat. There was no cropping at all on this photo.

This link will give the full resolution photo if you click on the photo, please feel free to comment on it.
http://www.astrophotogallery.org/showphoto.php/photo/3601

Attached Image:

fblue's attachment for post 47608

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 07/25/2009 06:42PM #1
Great Image Floyd! Definitely worth a thousand words! grin

Don