Wanning Crescent and Venus

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

16" Lightbridge

Started by kdahlstrom, 01/22/2008 07:52PM
Posted 01/22/2008 07:52PM | Edited 01/22/2008 07:53PM Opening Post
:C Checking to see if this happened to anyone else and if you have any suggestions. I purchased a Meade 16" LightBridge in the middle of November but Meade did not ship any products over the holidays so I did not receive my new scope until the 2nd week in January. The scope I received had a defective upper OTA. When I called Meade to have it taken care of I was told to ship the whole scope back, at my expense, and then they would send me a new one. There was no time frame on when I would get the new one either.

Do you think it is fair that I have to pay to ship a 128 pound scope back to the manufacturer and hope that the replacement is not defective too? Anybody else have problems with this scope?
Posted 01/22/2008 08:39PM | Edited 01/22/2008 11:24PM #1
Kim,
Demand that they pay for the shipping or demand a complete refund and tell them they will pay for the return anyway.
If they say no, then tell them they will hear from a lawyer as well as the local authorities. I have no tolerance for this type of thing. There is no way that any of this is your fault so you should not be held responsible for the shipping or damages.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 01/23/2008 05:23AM #2
kim dahlstrom said:
Do you think it is fair that I have to pay to ship a 128 pound scope back to the manufacturer and hope that the replacement is not defective too? Anybody else have problems with this scope?

Rod's Rule #543:

"When a scope is defective out of the box, contact the DEALER FIRST and let him go to bat for you."

No way should the Meade goobs make you pay return shipping for a DOA scope.

8)

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/