Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Customer Service

Started by jschnitz, 03/01/2006 06:16PM
Posted 03/01/2006 06:16PM Opening Post
I was wondering if my experience with Meade on warrenty service is similar to others. My LXD75 experienced motor runaway on the RA axis on January 12, 2006. The next day I spent 1.5 hours on hold before being disconnected when customer service hours ended. Monday was a holiday so they didn't answer. The following tuesday, after about an hour on hold I finally contacted a customer service rep. He was knowledgable and reached the same conclusion I had about the RA motor assembly needing to be replaced. He said it would be shipped to me and that I would need to return the defective one after I received the new one. That was Jan 17. After receiving nothing for three weeks, I made another call thinking that I might have misunderstood and needed to return the defective motor first. After 45 minutes on hold, I was informed that the motor assembly was on back order and they expected to receive them in a few days. That was over three weeks ago and still nothing. My LXD75 has been inop for seven weeks now! I was going to sell my old Vixen GP on astromart, but I'm glad I still have it now and will probably keep it. Is this service an exception, or is Meade that bad a company to deal with?