HorseHead and Flame

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

LX200 spare parts

Started by speleopower, 04/28/2009 02:39PM
Posted 04/28/2009 02:39PM Opening Post
I recently purchased a LX200 10" and would like to get some spare parts. Does anyone know where to buy them?
In particular the DEC and RA motor assemblies along with a spare front panel.

Thanks-Scott
Posted 05/16/2009 12:40AM #1
Scott:

Spare parts for these scopes are rare as hen's teeth. I'd post a wanted ad in the classified section. Not too long ago I saw a whole fork mount for sale. This is another option. From what I understand the 8, 10, and 12" scopes all used the same guts. You just need to be sure the hardware version is the same as yours. The very old units used a different motherboard and aren't compatible with later versions.

Its been two years since I found a spare set of electronics advertised and I almost missed the deal. I was only looking for a spare handbox and motors but the guy was selling all the internals plus a handbox. It was more than I planned on spending, but I realized I better jump on it or I'd regret it later. I was lucky he had requests to buy individual parts but I offered to buy the whole lot. Since this was his preference in the ad I got the sale. I haven't needed anything yet, but at least I know I'll have spares should a failure occur.

Good luck with your search.

Clear, sunny skies.
Tom Masterson
Coronado-Lunt-Daystar Solar Filters forum Moderator
Posted 06/03/2009 09:34PM #2
Try Don Rothman. He tears down telescopes and sells the parts for a living. He is in California
He sets up every year at RTMC and sells parts of all kinds.
http://astronomy-mall.com/astro.parts.outlet/

Tell him I referred you.