Image of the day

Captured by
Paul Walsh

Wet beak - he had just skimmed the neighbor's pond.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Scopetronics

Started by allanovercast, 11/27/2006 03:05PM
Posted 11/27/2006 03:05PM Opening Post
About a month ago I ordered some parts from Scopetronics for my ETX-125. They never arived and my calls and emails go unanswered. Are they still in business? They have a wonderful selection of parts/pieces for my ETX, but I am getting concerned. Anyone else have problems and if so, how did you get your stuff?

Thanks!

Allan in Billings Montana
Posted 11/27/2006 03:57PM #1
Allan, I believe there was a fairly lengthly thread on this awhile back on the sci.astro.amateur newsgroup. You might do a search over there.

Darian R.
Posted 11/28/2006 03:52AM #2
I just ordered some small items from Scopetronix yesterday. I hadnt heard about them closing up until a friend of mine mentioned it today. They havent charged my card yet. Since they are not replying to emails ... I might be screwed
Has anyone else had any problems with them ?
Posted 12/02/2006 12:21AM #3
Is it only me, or should there be more outrage that this website continues to take money when it is now well known across the web that they are long gone? Can't someone just pull out the plug on the server?

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."
Posted 12/07/2006 11:35PM #4
Would it not be appropriate to notify the Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau in the state where Scopetronics is located that they are out of business but still taking people's money? I feel bad for the owner of the company about his family problems, but this is simply an unacceptable business practice. You can understand this going on for a month or two but best I can gather it may more than 6 months since this whole thing started.

Rey