Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

AR 2773 from Lake Ahern Observatory

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Looks like the proper venue for this question

Started by Greg Shaffer, 03/29/2009 09:19AM
Posted 03/29/2009 09:19AM Opening Post
I recently purchased a finderscope from another AMart user who has a 7/1 rating all good. His ad made no mention of pretty severe paint chips nor did he disclose this in our negotiations. HOWEVER I feel obligated to accept some responsibility for this as I didnt ASK either....I did however indicate I was somewhat of a older Vixen buff and had been looking for a matching finder for a MINT OTA.

Finder arrived, and there are 7 chips in the paint from holder screws, 4 minor and 3 pretty severe IMO.....functionally flawless.

I emailed the seller indicating I was somewhat dissappointed to discover this, I indicated that I feel obligated to accept some responsibility since I didnt ask even though he didnt tell. I did not indicate I wanted to return it and I dont think I do. It has however been 2 days with no response and I just sent a follow up wherein I indicated I sincerely hoped he was just unavailable and not just ignoring my concern, I have not posted feedback and indicated I would give it a couple more days before I do.

Because I feel somewhat at fault for neglecting to ask, I dont intend to give him a BAD rating but I would sure feel a whole lot better about the deal were he to step up and say SOMETHING.....

His pics showed it in the holder so the chips were hidden....our deal however didnt include the holder. Basically I am looking for input on how long I should wait to hear from him before I proceed.

Thanks
Greg

Dont Let Trump Cheat!! Demand Voter ID Now!
20" MidnighTelescopes f/5
8" f/16 Muffoletto Achro
Meade 6" AR6 f/8.0 Achro
Celestron C11
Parallax PI250 10" F/5 Newt
Vixen FL102S,NA140SS,R200SS
80mm Stellarvue Nighthawk with WO APOupgrade lens, 90mm f/16.67 Parallax Achro
LXD75/LX200, Mini-tower, GP-DX, CG5 ASGT, LXD650, GM-8, G11, GM-100, GM-150EX, GM-200 and a Gemini G40
4" portable AP convertable 44" or 70" pier
Stellarvue M7 Alt-Az, TSL7 Pier/Tripod
12.5" f/5 MidnighTelescopes DOB Swayze optics
Statham GA
Posted 03/29/2009 09:35AM #1
I would ask for a refund and have him pay shipping both ways. I have had to refund maybe 3 people their money over the years. And i also pay for return shipping.

Chas
Posted 03/29/2009 12:25PM #2
Herbert:

How was the finder described? In good condition or "cosmetically challenged." In either case, the flaws should be mentioned.

Others may not agree with me but I believe that the expectation on Astromart is that significant flaws, and paint chips are significant flaws, should be pointed out up front, you should not have to ask.

Jon