Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

image too big error for upload of ad pic

Started by lx2005, 10/05/2010 07:18PM
Posted 10/05/2010 07:18PM Opening Post
tried to upload pic for an ad. came back with error that it was too big. how do you make it smaller? not too bright on this stuff so explain carefully. did the same thing on "cloudy nights" site and it was ok. thanks for any help!!
Posted 10/05/2010 07:32PM | Edited 10/05/2010 07:33PM #1
mike montreal said:

tried to upload pic for an ad. came back with error that it was too big. how do you make it smaller? not too bright on this stuff so explain carefully. did the same thing on "cloudy nights" site and it was ok. thanks for any help!!

Hi Mike:

You'll need software that can be used to edit electronic pictures. There are several good freebies available, like "Irfan View".

First, you want to change the pixel size of the image from whatever it is right out of your camera down to something reasonable, say 1000 x 600 pixels. Most all cameras take much bigger images than that. Then you adjust the jpeg compression to save as a file of about 400 kilobytes or less.

You'll probably have to mess around with the software a little to figure it out. I use Photoshop, but freebies like Irfan View will do this easily.

Jim

p.s. I'm not sure it's OK to run an ad here and at CN at the same time.