Hummer

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

A .965 question...

Started by Larry Seguin, 10/31/2003 07:05AM
Posted 10/31/2003 07:05AM Opening Post
My new TV-102 saw first light last night, and oh is she ever sweet! Only one small thing mars our little honeymoon period, however. My favorite high power planetary eyepiece up to this point has been a 7mm .965 Pentax ortho, used in a .965/1.25 adapter. Last night, thouogh, I discovered that when you slip the 7mm into it's 1.25 adapter, and then slip that into the 1.25/2" adapter on a TV Everbright diagonal, the whole affair comes just short of focus with the focuser racked all the way in. If it were the other way around, I could just pull any element of the chain out a bit and tighten it up, but I can't think of a way to deal with too little in focus travel. Am I missing something, or is this a simple problem that someone out there has been able to solve? Thanks for any advice.
Posted 10/31/2003 08:06AM #1
The Tele Vue 2/1.25 adapter is one of the "tallest" available. A "shorter" adapter (one without that shoulder) should do the trick.

A 1.25-inch diagonal would also bring your smaller eyepieces within the focus range.

Best wishes and luck.
-Dan