Image of the day

Captured by
Paul Walsh

Wet beak - he had just skimmed the neighbor's pond.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

New Orion Sirius EQ-G Goto power failure

Started by darkskies, 07/05/2012 12:53PM
Posted 07/05/2012 12:53PM Opening Post
Hey everybody..just received my new Orion ED80/Sirius EQ-G Goto combo. All went well, easy assembly but then the problem. Used their 12V cable with lighter socket end to plug into my 12v deep cycle battery. Battery has good charge. Power light went on when I switched the mount on and the hand controller lit up. I went to get the manual off the table to begin setting up the controller, when I got back the light was off the controller was still lit up but said "No Link with M.C. Stand Alone Mode". Oh oh..yeah no power to the mount. Controller was still functional regarding setup. I have used this battery setup on other scopes and accessories with no problems. Anyone ever have a similar issue? Is there a user remedy, like fuse or reset? I hate to send it back if I can avoid it

Thanks
Bruce
Posted 07/05/2012 10:16PM | Edited 07/05/2012 10:17PM #1
Assumning the power connection to the mount is secure, and it is not plugged into the HC by mistake, the problem is the HC/HC cable/connection. Could even be your motor control board. For some reason the HC is not communicating with the MC board.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/