My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Orion Star Shoot Autoguider

Started by Fauth, 08/22/2009 10:14PM
Posted 08/22/2009 10:14PM Opening Post
Hello:

I recently got an Orion Star Shoot Autoguider for imaging with a TeleVue 101 combined with an 80 mm refractor as guide scope, both mounted on a Losmandy G-11. For the most part this set up works very well. Occasionally, however, while calibrating on a guide star, the PDH guide software will run for about a minute and then warn: Calibration Failed - star did not move enough.

Does anyone know what this means since nothing on the mount has changed other than targeting another object? Thanks.

Klaus
Posted 08/23/2009 03:31PM #1
Klaus Brasch said:

Hello:

I recently got an Orion Star Shoot Autoguider for imaging with a TeleVue 101 combined with an 80 mm refractor as guide scope, both mounted on a Losmandy G-11. For the most part this set up works very well. Occasionally, however, while calibrating on a guide star, the PDH guide software will run for about a minute and then warn: Calibration Failed - star did not move enough.

Does anyone know what this means since nothing on the mount has changed other than targeting another object? Thanks.

Klaus

Klaus,
Gary Caldwell here. I have been using the SSAG for about a year now. Everything has been working as advertised until receently when I began having problems as you have described. I can't decide if it is a hardware (broken/frayed wire in the SSAG-Telescope connection or corrupted software).
I am going to download a fresh copy and installation and see what happens tonight.

Gary
[email protected]
Posted 08/24/2009 11:40AM #2
Klaus Brasch said:

Hello:

Klaus

In general, this has to do with the position in the sky you're pointin' at. The solution is not downloading a new copy, but going into the Brain Icon and increasing calibration steps.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/