Re: Mystery reflector on ebay

Started by gibson57guy, 08/13/2002 07:00PM
Posted 08/13/2002 07:00PM Opening Post
Hi John,

I would probably stay away.. but that is my cautious nature... if anything went wrong then what?? I checked the feed back and there are no negatives which is good.. I also checked to see if there was any feed back on any other of the same telescopes. There was none so you have no gauge to go by. When checking his other products I noticed he had lots of these for sale which is good... ( gives you a chance for a good deal).

I would e-mail him and ask him where these came from. Another fellow was doing the same thing and I e-mailed him and he said he had bought the remainder of a discontinued telescopes from Meade in a certain model.. The scope however did not say meade on it. ( I stayed away ).

What is the return policy???

John, you could take a chance a maybe get a good deal but I would seriously buy from a reputable dealer with a name brand telescope that is known to be tried and true. You will never regret buying that way but you probably will regret buying a no-name. Also if you buy a name brand your re-sale price will be a lot better. Also I wouldn't hesitate to buy used but make sure it is a name brand scope and it will go a long ways to keep from getting burned.. and if you don't like it you can usually sell it for what you paid for it because you bought it used. There are lot's of good deals here on Astromart if you keep your eye open.

One other avenue is to check out the sales and 2nds. I would sooner buy a second from Orion than take a chance on a scope like the one on e-bay you just asked about..

Mark V

Posted 08/14/2002 11:44AM #1
Thanks Mark, but I was merely curious about this thing -- had absolutely no intention of ponying up for one. I'm trying to save up get my Tak back!