Image of the day

Captured by
Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Tried the new little Coronado H-alpha scope?

Started by kfiscus, 03/02/2004 03:53AM
Posted 03/02/2004 03:53AM Opening Post
I'm considering getting this for our school. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Customized Zhumell Z12 on Dedicated Atomic EQ Platform
Customized Hybrid Z12/Lightbridge on Baltic Birch Planisphere Mount

(I'm holding famous Martian meteorite ALH84001 in the picture.)
Posted 03/02/2004 04:11AM #1
Hi Ken,

I wish!! I guess they'll be released at the end of this month. Someone may correct me, so.....

Thanks,
John
Posted 03/02/2004 09:02PM #2
Nick Ilka from Coronada was there and he was saying that all these scopes have a "sweet spot" a spot where the detail is most clear. On this particular one the sweet spot was when the sun was 1/2 way out of the field of view---lots of detail. Whereas on the other side of the field view almost no detail. Nick also said that there is no way the one that was being displayed would be the way that one would leave the factory. He said it had been around the country and beat up quite a bit. On this scope the first time I walked up to it I didn't hardly see any detail because with the sun centered there wasn't very much. But playing around with it I found a spot where there was very nice detail. I think Coronado is quite good on quality control so in the real world I don't think this is going to be a problem. I ordered one back in December and still am purchasing it after what I saw.
Joe