M27 ¡V My first target done with automation

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

user friendly ccd

Started by lx2005, 10/09/2010 10:11AM
Posted 10/09/2010 10:11AM Opening Post
hi, not new here but after a couple of years of trying,about to give up. is there a ccd camera ( meade or others) that are user friendly to the NOVICE? I.E. centering the object with an e.p., removing it, attaching the camera, turning the camera on, and via software, voila! the pic is on the computer monitor, click a button, and there`s your picture. and then worry about enhancing the pic later. am i asking too much? ( btw, i`m using a lx200 8in. gps) thanks for any help!
Posted 10/10/2010 08:54AM #1
Posted 10/10/2010 10:30AM | Edited 10/10/2010 10:32AM #2
mike montreal said:

hi, not new here but after a couple of years of trying,about to give up. is there a ccd camera ( meade or others) that are user friendly to the NOVICE? I.E. centering the object with an e.p., removing it, attaching the camera, turning the camera on, and via software, voila! the pic is on the computer monitor, click a button, and there`s your picture. and then worry about enhancing the pic later. am i asking too much? ( btw, i`m using a lx200 8in. gps) thanks for any help!

Yep. It's called a "Canon DSLR."

Removing a camera and replacing it with an eyepiece is no way to live. Your LX200 should be able to put objects on your chip. If not, tighten up your alignment, etc. And be sure to slam at least an f/6.3 reducer on that scope. Imaging the deep sky at f/10 is also no way to live. wink

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/