Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Happy Halloween: Witch's Broom Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

MN56 on Alt-AZ

Started by robcos, 03/23/2004 01:37PM
Posted 03/23/2004 01:37PM Opening Post
Thanks to all the high praise for this scope in this forum, I'm thinking of making the purchase and using it on the Unistar Mount. Would this be feasable? Does anyone currently use this Alt-Az mount with the smaller of the mak-newts? I currently have the Unistar Light(10 lbs weighted), but i'd probably sell it and move up to the deluxe model(30 lbs weighted).

Any help would be appreciated!

Rob C.
Posted 03/23/2004 02:56PM #1
I recently purchased a Giro2DX on Astromart and mounted an Argonaut mak/cass (MK67) and a Vixen BT80 and I'm very pleased with the setup, although I think I've pushed the Bogen tripod beyond its limit...the rig sets up in minutes and is very easy to use....John

Attached Image:

John F. Powell's attachment for post 77813
Posted 03/23/2004 05:13PM #2
I use an MN66 on a Unistar Deluxe and it works like a champ. You would definitely have no trouble with an MN56 on the same mount. I don't know what tripod you intend to use, but that will probably be the weakest link. I used to use the tripod for my Atlas mount, but since I traded up to a G11, I had an adapter plate made so I can use it on the G11 tripod. Probably overkill, and it cuts down the grab and go aspect, but an MN66 with rotating rings isn't really grab and go anyway.

Doug
Midway, FL