Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Help Needed, I Can't See Polaris!

Started by ps, 10/06/2010 01:31AM
Posted 10/06/2010 01:31AM Opening Post
Since my 10” LX200 is temporary out of service, I’m going to have to use my C9.25 CG5 ASGT as my home setup. However, I live in a valley and can’t see Polaris. Also, my CG5 ASGT mount is not fireware upgradeable, so don’t have access to the All Star alignment. I can get the goto to work okay after a rough initial alignment, but the mount doesn’t track well. I also tried adjusting the altitude and azimuth while the mount was tracking, but it didn’t help. Any comments and / or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Paul smile

Meade 10" LX200
C9.25 ASGT
Orion 10" XTi
Orion 80mm ST
Posted 10/06/2010 12:18PM #1
Paul Shin said:

Since my 10� LX200 is temporary out of service, I’m going to have to use my C9.25 CG5 ASGT as my home setup. However, I live in a valley and can’t see Polaris. Also, my CG5 ASGT mount is not fireware upgradeable, so don’t have access to the All Star alignment. I can get the goto to work okay after a rough initial alignment, but the mount doesn’t track well. I also tried adjusting the altitude and azimuth while the mount was tracking, but it didn’t help. Any comments and / or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Paul smile

The easy and quick method if you don't mind using a PC with the mount would be to spend a few dollars on NexRemote. It will allow you to run the latest firmware, including the All-Star Alignment feature.

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/