My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Re: CGEM DX

Started by mak7, 08/09/2011 05:14PM
Posted 08/09/2011 05:14PM | Edited 08/09/2011 05:15PM Opening Post
Mike,
Now that you are one of the chosen few, by all means try to work with the dealer you purchased from. Keep them in the loop. They may suggest you contact tech support. When I had problems, I kept the dealer well aware of the situation and that is probably why they took care of me when warranty work went askew. I am sure that is not the norm.
You purchased a brand new mount from the dealer, it is neither your fault or theirs it failed during first light. Suggest they replace it with another, they will have much more clout with the factory, I presume.
If you have to send it in for factory service, request a prepaid UPS shipping label through the tech support email system.. The warranty states you have to cover shipping to and from the factory, but I hear they will bend for a DOA occurence. I paid to ship to them, but they prepaid it back to me, saying they always pay to ship back on warranty work.
Hang in there, it will get resolved and you eventually should be quite happy with your DX's performance.
Don't be alarmed by all my comments above, hopefully they are reading this as well.

Please keep us advised as to what happens for you.

Brad