NGC4216 with supernova 2024gy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Unitron 3" collimation?

Started by gceee, 01/11/2011 04:18AM
Posted 01/11/2011 04:18AM Opening Post
I have a question....is a Unitron model 140 3" cell collimatable? It has 6 screws holding in the two elements. Three flat head ones and three allens. Can't figure out how they would work. Are there any instructions available if this is a collimatable cell? Anyone ever done this? Thanks, Gerry
Posted 01/11/2011 06:49PM #1
Think I found the answer in the Unitron Yahoo groups. This isn't a collimatable cell. Only sometime after 1970 did they come with the adjustable cell. They did have a good write up on collimating any refractor. I adjusted, as much as I could, the focuser using a laser shining at the front cell.
Posted 01/15/2011 02:57AM #2
Sounds like a push-pull cell, for collimation. Are the 6 screws on the face of the cell and in 3 pairs. Can you post a picture of the cell? Typically one screw of each pair is for adjustment, the other is a lock down screw.

Tim

Gerry Stowe said:

I have a question....is a Unitron model 140 3" cell collimatable? It has 6 screws holding in the two elements. Three flat head ones and three allens. Can't figure out how they would work. Are there any instructions available if this is a collimatable cell? Anyone ever done this? Thanks, Gerry