Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

installing focuser on dobsonian

Started by DobbyD, 05/21/2006 02:52AM
Posted 05/21/2006 02:52AM Opening Post
Gee Whiz!I guess noone wants to help out the rookie.I really thought that I'd be bombarded with advice on helping me with my project being as green as I am,I know that I would help anybody if I could.Their were 15 hits on my question but no responses.Maybe you didnt take me serious,but I was really counting on some of you guys for help.Astronomy has been my hobby for almost 5 months and now I'm building a telescope-I thought with the help from you folks @astromart,thats why I joined.Noone seems to be interested until I found all of you,as green as I am there is not one among you that loves this hobby more than I do,I just cant go out and buy everything I would love to have.I look at some of these wonderful telescopes that some of you sell and ask myself-How could any one bear get rid such a great telescope?I'd give my eye teeth to have one of them.I'm sure its none of my business though,you have good reasons I'm sure.I just wanted a little advise on where to locate my focuser on my cheap homemade dob.If any one would help me I would greatly appreciate it.Again it is a 6" dob,f/8 ratio,8"tube 48"long,Ithink the true focal length is 48"from what I could see.The primary mirror and cell are 2"thick from the bottom of the tube,already installed.I have a meade .965 rack and pinion focuser for newtonian - dobsonian projects.Fully racked in the focuser is to the top of the 1.25" adapter 4" high.My focuser hole will be 1.5" in diameter.If you dont want to tell me where to locate the focuser please show me the math I need to use to do it.I'd really like both.Thanx again,Darrell Hensley P.S.How do you get ratings? I've given ratings but never recieved any after buying merchandise on an auction and similar instances.Just wondering///////////