NGC4216 with supernova 2024gy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Installing Neximage Driver and Software

Started by hastapalla, 06/27/2010 11:30AM
Posted 06/27/2010 11:30AM Opening Post
I recently purchased a Neximage CCD Camera. I have not been able to get a driver installed and now my computer will not even recognize the camera as new hardware. I am using Windows Vista 32 bit operating system. Don't know if the imager is bad or if I'm doing something wrong. The Amcap and Registax programs appear to load on my desktop, but that's as far as I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
Posted 06/27/2010 12:19PM #1
robin woolsey said:

I recently purchased a Neximage CCD Camera. I have not been able to get a driver installed and now my computer will not even recognize the camera as new hardware. I am using Windows Vista 32 bit operating system. Don't know if the imager is bad or if I'm doing something wrong. The Amcap and Registax programs appear to load on my desktop, but that's as far as I get. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

It MAY work with the 32 bit version, I haven't tried it. The reason it's not "recognizing" the camera anymore is likely cuz it loaded up some kind o' driver. Go into hardware manager, see what it installed delete that, and try again.

Tips: follow the instructions with your software exactly. Do NOT plug in the camera till it says to. If possible, run the software as administrator at set it to XP compatibility mode if possible (right click menu on the program's icon).

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/