Northern Lights Over GA

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Skyclock Company vs Clear Sky Clock

Started by Jud, 03/04/2008 01:18AM
Posted 03/04/2008 01:18AM Opening Post
Has anyone become aware of the "tiff" caused by Skyclock Company making overtures to CSC about their name.?

Not sure where to put this thread since my computer has frozen many of my pages and the Forums page comes up as if it were 8 days old. If this is discussed in another forum, please lead me to it and I will delete this thread.

Jud

I Yam What I Yam!
Posted 03/04/2008 02:43AM #1
I thought this was old news and had it been amiably resolved. Did something new happen?
Posted 03/05/2008 02:44PM #2
Yeah, I'm aware. This two-bit company has decided to PROTECT THEIR PROPERTY...LOL.

What can we do? Tell everybody to stay away from this loser-outfits products and let the Skyclock goobers know you're doin' that.

wink

Uncle Rod

Time on your hands?
Waste it with Uncle Rod's Astro Blog!

http://uncle-rods.blogspot.com/
Posted 03/09/2008 08:41PM | Edited 03/09/2008 08:42PM #3
Judson Mitchell said:

Has anyone become aware of the "tiff" caused by Skyclock Company making overtures to CSC about their name.?

Not sure where to put this thread since my computer has frozen many of my pages and the Forums page comes up as if it were 8 days old. If this is discussed in another forum, please lead me to it and I will delete this thread.

Jud

Jud:

After reading this thread, I sent an Email to Atilla. This is what he had to say: (I got his O.K. before posting this.)

Hi Jon,

> There is a thread on Astromart that the Skyclock company is giving you more
> grief.

Last week yet. But the grief should be over. I wrote up the story here:
http://cleardarksky.com/csk/faq/0.html

> Maybe you could let me know what is going on and what sort of support you
> would like from the community??

Thanks very much for the offer. Other than the usual help with
expenses, for which I am very grateful to my sposnors, I think things
are ok.

Now that i've changed the name, my lawyer tells the that "skyclock
company no longer has a case", so I'm hopefull that the legal mess is
over. (fingers crossed.)

I use the Clear Sky Charts www.cleardarksky.com quite often, my local dark sky spot is 60 miles east into the mountains and I have found them to be quite reliable in determining the conditions there. I will be sending a small contribution...

Jon