Comet ISON Oct. 15, 2013

Started by hbastro, 10/20/2013 08:55PM
Posted 10/20/2013 08:55PM | Edited 10/20/2013 09:55PM Opening Post
I managed to image ISON every morning again this week.

I think the nicest is ISON Mars, dwarf galaxy Leo1 and Regulus. This is a combination of (15) 6 min exposures where a median combined ISON aligned image was composited with a median combined star aligned image. The non background uniformity to the right "south" is from Zodiacal light, I think it adds to the image so I left it in. The 4.5" F/4 astrograph and a Sloan yellow filter were used...

Attached Image:

hbastro's attachment for post 57883
Posted 10/20/2013 11:11PM #1
WOW! That is an excellent image. The visual proximity of four different objects at three (±) vastly different differences is awesome to contemplate.
Posted 10/21/2013 01:47PM #2
Hi Dave- Your photos are incredible. Does the comet tail still seem to be the 7 arc minute size you mentioned last week? Considering we are seeing this tail foreshortened, it must be very long considering where it is in the solar system. I don't ever remember seeing anything published that showed a comet that far out showing a tail such as you are imaging. Keep up the good work. I am back in Rio Verde and in the bright sky, so I have not tried with the big binos yet. How is the moon affecting your imaging?
Regards
Keith Parizek