My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Band of Brothers

Started by administrator, 05/13/2003 06:12AM
Posted 05/13/2003 06:12AM Opening Post
Okay - finished it tonight.
I would not recommend this "series" IF I had stopped after the gruesome Bastogne chapter. I am glad I finished the series.
My fathers generation was truly the "GREAT GENERATION"
Thank you to those men and women that struggled through WWII - perhaps the most dangerous and rewarding time in man's history.
Band of Brothers - a tough watch but in the end worth every minute.

Thanks
Herb
Posted 05/13/2003 12:10PM #1
I guess the blood really bothered you huh? Either way, I still think that the series points out a lot of things most movies forget. I don't watch TV (not including the odd DVD), so a few hours of a gruesome movie doesn't bother me. If you like more of an informative approach, Ken Burns' Civil War is LOOONG and mostly documentary, but you'll learn a LOT about the war.
Posted 05/13/2003 08:01PM #2
Herb,

I'm glad to hear you finished it. I didn't realize that the blood would bother you so much otherwise I probably wouldn't have recommended it but IMHO overall it is a great series. Once again I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Rick Riley

PS. If you're interested you might want to read the book sometime. I read it about six months after seeing the series and I enjoyed it as much if not more than the series.