Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Moderators on The "Other" Astronomy Forums/Website

Started by daylight, 05/19/2019 06:31AM
Posted 05/19/2019 06:31AM Opening Post
Anyone else here really frustrated by the behavior of some of the moderators over on the other astronomy forum/website? There's absolutely no consistency in any of their moderating. What's okay and encouraged in one thread on one day is considered totally wrong in a different thread and severely punished. It's all over the place and wow do they ever play favorites. I have even received hate mail from one of the moderators. I tried contacting the owner and generally just have to walk away when it happens. Today's comment from a moderator basically stating he was going to perform an abortion on the thread by deleting comments was in really poor taste. I don't get it, why are moderators allowed to be this insulting? I was hoping I could talk to a few others with similar experiences to better understand what has been happening to me.

I hope this post is okay. If not, please delete it.
Posted 05/20/2019 03:43AM #1
I don't even bother looking at that other website anymore. Not necessarily because of the moderators but I have seen where they have gotten underneath other peoples skins. I've seen other stuff that's turned me off about it. I certainly don't miss it...
Posted 05/20/2019 04:28AM #2
Thanks Rod, I was feeling so frustrated. I wish I could post some of the actual letters here. I have tried repeatedly to communicate with them, but not only does it keep happening, but it also keeps getting worse and worse and worse. They have an enormous problem with biased moderation and moderators who abuse their position to cause harm to anyone they don't like. It looks like as of what happened today, the only solution will have to be a legal one. 
Posted 05/20/2019 06:01AM #3
It's a legal situation now.