Evidence of Iraq's tie to 9/11

Started by joew94th, 05/11/2004 11:20PM
Posted 05/11/2004 11:20PM Opening Post
I know that the liberals on this forum will be quick to point out that this article is hosted on what appears to be a conservative news site. I'll grant you that. If you can look past this fact to both the content and the author, perhaps this may be an interesting read.

In a nutshell, the article presents evidence collected by Czech intelligence before 9/11 that Mohammed Atta, leader of the 9/11 highjackers met with Ahmed al-Ani, an Iraqi intellegence official in Prague in April of 2001. This may not be conclusive, but I'm sure they weren't discussing the weather.

The author of the article, Laurie Mylroie was adviser on Iraq to the 1992 campaign of Bill Clinton and is the author of Bush vs. the Beltway: How the CIA and the State Department tried to Stop the War on Terror. (HarperCollins) She can be reached through www.benadorassociates.com.

http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=13323
Posted 05/12/2004 12:29AM #1
Well, this alleged "liberal" sees a far closer tie between 9/11 and Saudi Arabia.

Why didn't we whack them?

-mw.

QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?
-Juvenal.

QUID RIDES? MUTATO NOMINE DE TE FABULA NARRATUR.
-Horace.
Posted 05/12/2004 04:17AM #2
Joe, this is great news!. You can become a bonified hero of the Rubuplican Pary, a true American patriot and a close friend of the White House. All you have to do is let president Bu$h know about this article. He will have the CIA and FBI verify the story and then he will shout it from the rooftops! Carl Rove would set aside tens of millions of dollars to make sure that everyone knows the good news. An easy vicory in the coming elections would be assured and I don't think that a political appointment for you is out of the question!

In the mean time, however, a few of us who don't lean so far to the right as to be horizontal will still think this is very old news that has already been disproved and discredited.

There are only 10 kinds of people who understand binary - those that do and those that don't
Posted 05/12/2004 05:24PM #3
I never proclaimed this story to be factual, nor have I seen evidence that it is not true. I've presented the article as a basis for discussion. Claiming it is not true because the President of the United States hasn't "proclaimed it from the rooftop of the whitehouse" does not equal proof of its falsehood.

If you wish to discredit this author, fine. Do so. I'm open to that, but please present evidence that supports such a claim. To attempt to discredit her because she simply appears to be "right wing" doesn't fly in my book. The fact that she worked on Clinton's campaign leads me to believe that the "right wing" claim is unfounded. The article itself attempts to explain why this story is being discredited. I would hope that your reasons are founded in something a little more substantial that the fact that she does not support your position on the invasion of Iraq.

And before your get pi$$ed at me, I'm not defending this person or this article. I'm simply looking to learn something here.