My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Justice for OlberWOmann...

Started by DaveWagner, 11/05/2010 01:20PM
Posted 11/05/2010 01:20PM Opening Post
grin

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/05/msnbc-suspends-keith-olbermann-indefinitely-contributing-democratic-campaigns/

Apparently old Keithy just couldn't help himself: $2,400 each to the campaigns of Democratic Congress-critters in Arizona (2) and Senate candidate in Kentucky...

one of them right after they were his guest!

The REAL reason he's suspended without pay? He got CAUGHT, and this is too much confirmation of the built-in bias at MSNBC for even their management.

What a LOSER.
Posted 11/05/2010 01:43PM #1
David Wagner said:

grin

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/05/msnbc-suspends-keith-olbermann-indefinitely-contributing-democratic-campaigns/

Apparently old Keithy just couldn't help himself: $2,400 each to the campaigns of Democratic Congress-critters in Arizona (2) and Senate candidate in Kentucky...

The REAL reason he's suspended without pay? He got CAUGHT, and this is too much confirmation of the built-in bias at MSNBC for even their management.

What a LOSER.

I'm not sure I agree but many are suggesting COMCAST, as the new owner of MSNBC, was behind this. There are rumors of a big purge and redirection for MSNBC under the new ownership. Clearly their ratings suggest they need to do something. I guess if they allow him back that would give an indication of COMCAST's plans.

I find it ironic though that something like this might be his demise. I guess they were ok with his deceit, fabrication, and total distortion of the truth. Kind of like finally nailing Al Capone for tax evasion of all things. wink
Posted 11/05/2010 03:20PM #2
Personally, I don't think it's right. He should be able to donate to any political figure or party he wants just like everybody else can. From what I read he did not give over the legal limit or violate any campaign laws.

There's speculation that PMSNBC was indeed cleaning house and wanted to find a reason to can him, but his suspension is labeled as "indefinate" rather than permanent. Besides, since when does low ratings mean anything to liberal talk show hosts? They ALL have low ratings. I mean, sure his ratings sucked but compared to most other liberals he was actually doing quite good. Back on October 26th, he rated 1.19 million which compared to the moderate and conservative hosts might be considered sucky. But he still did better than Maddow, O'Donnell, Schultz, (all three also of MSNBC), CNN's Grace, Hardball's Matthews, CNN's Cooper and King, and the queen of the gutter ratings CNN's Behar. Another way of looking at this, he's got about half the ratings of Fox's Beck and that ought to count for something. shocked

David E
(Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Olberman fan, that is I don't watch him and have no desire to watch him. It's just that something doesn't look quite right about all this to me.)
Posted 11/05/2010 08:29PM #3

Ole Olber..deserves the *boot*..he's pathetic, and a progressive liberal goober. Just my opinion.

David Wagner said:

grin

What a LOSER.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.....so accept Jesus as your Savior.
Posted 11/06/2010 08:45AM | Edited 11/06/2010 08:46AM #4
David:

OlberWOmann? That's the best you can do? Sheesh, it's so kindergarten. I'm only posting so that Christine and any other women who lurk here don't take the panel's silence as tacit admission that we are all misogynists. Of course, as I was told yesterday, real men don't give a rip about other's feelings. (In my mind I was thinking a saltier word than "rip").

OlberWOmann also seems pretty feeble, considering that yesterday we were blessed with an example of perhaps the most perfectly polished insult delivered since Winston Churchill walked the earth:

"Excuse me, but this was ignorant even for Mrs. Palin... The point is not "He was a great man and you are a nincompoop," though that is true."

Pure poetry. We can't all be Peggy Noonan, but we can try.

Jim