More that Palin doesn't understand

Started by rpasken, 09/13/2008 01:04AM
Posted 09/13/2008 01:04AM Opening Post
Palin claims Alaska "produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy." That's not true.

Alaska did produce 14 percent of all the oil from U.S. wells last year, but that's a far cry from all the "energy" produced in the U.S.

Alaska's share of domestic energy production was 3.5 percent, according to the official figures kept by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

And if by "supply" Palin meant all the energy consumed in the U.S., and not just produced here, then Alaska's production accounted for only 2.4 percent.
Posted 09/13/2008 03:21AM | Edited 09/13/2008 03:22AM #1
Robert Pasken said:

Palin claims Alaska "produces nearly 20 percent of the U.S. domestic supply of energy." That's not true.

Alaska did produce 14 percent of all the oil from U.S. wells last year, but that's a far cry from all the "energy" produced in the U.S.

Alaska's share of domestic energy production was 3.5 percent, according to the official figures kept by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

And if by "supply" Palin meant all the energy consumed in the U.S., and not just produced here, then Alaska's production accounted for only 2.4 percent.

Good thing we are not voting for VP of Statistics as clearly she is not qualified. Good luck with that Robert.
Mike
Posted 09/13/2008 05:12AM | Edited 09/13/2008 05:13AM #2
Robert Pasken said:

OMG...you mean to tell me Sarah lies!... cwy ...must be a politician...ya think?! 8O wink
Posted 09/13/2008 01:14PM #3
Did everybody see the same interview(s) that I did? She is definitely not ready for prime time. Her handlers better put her in an undisclosed location (yeah, better get used to it. That's what a VP does. Right Mr. Cheney?) and she'd better cram some more for her debate. That's exactly what she sounded like, she crammed for the big oral exam and didn't study all the right chapters.

Isn't that right Charlie? You know, Charlie... Thanks for asking that Charlie... Well, up here in Alaska Charlie... As mayor Charlie... And I was against that bridge, Charlie... You betcha.
Posted 09/14/2008 04:14AM | Edited 09/14/2008 04:15AM #4
When I lived in Alaska (10 years), 2/3rds of their production went straight to China and Japan. They actually had some sort of fee they were charged to ship it to the US. This was during the 1990's and I don't expect it has changed much.

Don't be fooled. The pipeline is not for the US. That oil goes into the international market.

I hear she is bringing some sort of natural gas bill that will allow the companies to ship 90% of their production onto the international market instead of keeping for the US. They are currently limited in what they can export. I do not know much about it though. If anyone does please chime in.

--------------------
My astro images...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Raven911/Astrophotos/
http://www.eye-of-the-raven.blogspot.com/