The recession is over!

Started by Gold Mtn, 07/30/2009 04:53PM
Posted 07/30/2009 04:53PM Opening Post
Newsweek declares the Recession is over....LOL :S

Because the unemplyment level has leveled and the layoff rate has declined.

Well when the business owner lays off everyone but himself...I guess you could call that *OVER*. When there is no one left to lay off and not go out of business..I guess that is a *victory*..... :S Lefties are so smart.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.....so accept Jesus as your Savior.
Posted 07/30/2009 05:09PM #1
Rob Wiederrich said:

Newsweek declares the Recession is over....LOL :S

Because the unemplyment level has leveled and the layoff rate has declined.

Well when the business owner lays off everyone but himself...I guess you could call that *OVER*. When there is no one left to lay off and not go out of business..I guess that is a *victory*..... :S Lefties are so smart.
Obama is criticizing Newsweek for its proclammation:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/29/obama-mocks-newsweek-cover/
I think your statement of "lefties are so smart" is just as inane as your comment about national health care becomming an infringement on our freedoms which is totally ludicrous. Has medicare compromised our freedoms?
Posted 07/30/2009 05:33PM #2
Bank of Canada also declared the recession over: http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2009/07/23/bank-canada-economy-recovery.html?ref=rss

Growth is expected in Q3 and Q4. Recent Q2 earnings reports have beat expectations and ignited the markets lately. Profitability has come from cost cutting, though. When companies are again profitable from revenues, then things will really pick up. This should then cut into unemployment - always the lagging indicator.

So, while difficult for the labor force still struggling, the recession may well be easing.

Posted 07/30/2009 05:37PM #3
Obama and the libs cannot let the recession to be over because they have not taken full advantage of it. There are still people who have jobs. There are so many industries for them to take over and so little time. Obama has not taken ALL of the money from the people YET. We still have some of our liberty and freedom. They still want to create millions more jobs that last on average a week so that they can declare "Mission Accomplished" over and over.

Clear Skies,
Jim

"You guys make a pretty good photo op" Obama said about the military. A perfect example of how libs support the troops.
Posted 07/30/2009 05:44PM | Edited 07/30/2009 05:45PM #4
I don't think the recession is over. However, I've noticed a little more employer confidence in the last month or two. Employers have basically used the recession as cover to shuffle their employee decks and make the cultural changes they desired. When we emerge, I think there will be fewer good "permanent" positions and more contractors, fewer decent pension plans and more people trying to rebuild battered 401Ks. Wages will be slightly lower as well. In real terms, I think a lot of people will be taking 5% to 20% pay cuts. I don't see a new thing on the horizon to push the country towards great gains in prosperity. I think it's going to be hard-scrabble struggle for quite some time. I have never seen the Democrats utter any word or phrase that would inspire confidence from employers or employees.

[SIZE="Small"]------------
I have several telescopes, but none are semi-APO, APO, or in anyway valuable.
[/SIZE]