Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Jesus, the only way?

Started by Vince, 05/11/2004 02:26PM
Posted 05/11/2004 02:26PM Opening Post
There have been posts claiming that Jesus is just one of many ways to God. One of many streams that lead to the same ocean. Jesus came into this world as an illegitimate child of self employed country bumpkin carpenter named Joe. (Galilee was the Hooterville of Judea) Grew up and at the age of 30 decided to preach against the leaders of the religion he was part of. His group of friends were fishermen, prostitutes, tax collectors and sinners. He was accused of being a drunkard and a glutton. His biggest boast was I am the only son of God and I am the only way to him. He even went as far as to change the law the of God he claims. (declaring all foods are edible) When he entered into Jerusalem on passion week there was a big hoopla made over him that he gladly accepted. But when the heat was on and he was on trial he did not even try to defend himself. He just stood there. Maybe God crucified him for a 'job well done' and he couldn't understand his punishment and that is why he cried out, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"- which means "My God, my God, Why have you forsaken me?" Now if he is just one of many, he did not live and act like the rest. So I pose this question. When looking at deception, would our enemy the devil, put up only one decoy (and not a very good one compared to the others) among many, or many good looking decoys around the one true one? Vince
Posted 05/11/2004 03:01PM #1
>>When looking at deception, would our enemy the devil, put up only one decoy (and not a very good one compared to the others) among many, or many good looking decoys around the one true one? <<

If I were him I'd make them ALL decoys.
;-)