Nice Little Horsie

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Olympics and Ramadan

Started by Mark229, 10/16/2006 09:23PM
Posted 10/16/2006 09:23PM Opening Post
Heard on the radio that the Muslims in the country where olympic events are scheduled in a few years-I forget which games/country at the moment-I think it was Iceland, want the games to be delayed because they would fall in the month of Ramadan. Ridiculous. They wouldn't be postponed for Hannakah, Passover, Christmas or Easter. I don't know any Buddhist or Hindu religions.

No, I don't dislike Muslims. I dislike some Immams using the Quran to further their own political agenda, and treat people today as they were 900 (or so)years ago-ie: death to adulterers, killing your daughter for the sake of the family honor, for converting to another religion, for speaking badly of Islam or drawing satirical cartoons of Muhammad.
Posted 10/16/2006 09:48PM #1
Mark Norby said:
Heard on the radio that the Muslims in the country where olympic events are scheduled in a few years-I forget which games/country at the moment-I think it was Iceland, want the games to be delayed because they would fall in the month of Ramadan. Ridiculous. They wouldn't be postponed for Hannakah, Passover, Christmas or Easter.
Actually I looked up some history, it looks to me like they don't have the Olympics during Christmas, Hannukah, Passover or Easter either. So it doesn't look like muslims are getting special treatment or anything.