Diamond Ring April 8, 2024

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Peace Vision of Islam

Started by ref68, 05/15/2011 03:38PM
Posted 05/15/2011 03:38PM | Edited 05/15/2011 07:59PM Opening Post
Just in case if some one miss understand peace vision of Islam.

Here I'm to share the Real Islam from original resources.

According to this verses below even e prophet of God had no right to force any one in to Islam.

BISMILLAHIR RAHMANIR RAHIM
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: ...Qur'an 2:256
Not upon you (Muhammad) is their guidance, but Allah guides whom He wills. ......Qur'an 2: 272

And say: "The truth is from your Lord." Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve. Verily, We have prepared for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers.), a Fire whose walls will be surrounding them (disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah). Qur'an 18:29

And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair-seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do. Qur'an 6:108.

And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed, all of them together. So, will you (O Muhammad ) then compel mankind, until they become believers. Qur'an 10:99

10:100 It is not for any person to believe, except by the Leave of Allah, and He will put the wrath on those who are heedless.

10:101 Say: "Behold all that is in the heavens and the earth," but neither Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) nor warners benefit those who believe not. 102 Then do they wait for (anything) save for (a destruction) like that of the days of the men who passed away before them? Say: "Wait then, I am (too) with you among those who wait."
10:103 Then (in the end) We save Our Messengers and those who believe! Thus it is incumbent upon Us to save the believers. 104 Say (O Muhammad ): "O you mankind! If you are in doubt as to my religion (Islam), then (know that) I will never worship those whom you worship besides Allah. But I worship Allah Who causes you to die, and I am commanded to be one of the believers.
10:105 "And (it is revealed to me): Direct your face (O Muhammad ) entirely towards the religion Hanif (Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone), and never be one of the Mushrikun (those who ascribe partners to Allah, polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and those who worship others along with Allah).
10:106 "And invoke not besides Allah, any such that will neither profit you nor harm you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers). "
107 And if Allah touches you with harm, there is none who can remove it but He, and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can repel His Favour which He causes it to reach whomsoever of His slaves He wills. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.
10:108 Say: "O you mankind! Now truth (i.e. the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad ) has come to you from your Lord. So whosoever receives guidance, he does so for the good of his own self; and whosoever goes astray, he does so to his own loss; and I am not (set) over you as a Wakil (disposer of affairs to oblige you for guidance)."
10:109 And (O Muhammad ), follow the revelation sent unto you, and be patient till Allah gives judgement. And He is the Best of judges.

Wassalam
Refet
Posted 05/16/2011 01:52PM | Edited 05/16/2011 01:53PM #1
Refet,

Great verses. Thanks for the references. Nice to see so many common concepts between the religions. Some of your references, about being tolerent of those who don't believe, brings to mind Matthew 10 in the New Testament: "Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. As you enter the home, give it your greeting. If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town." "

Reading over the verses you provided, and their stating that Allah guides those to believe, it makes me wonder how the Qur'an's teachings relate to the concept of free will which some Christian denominations hold. So under free will, while God may compel, everyone is regarded as having a free choice as to their acceptance of salvation, or their rejection. Basically the decision remains theirs.