My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Too much bias against Christianity

Started by edean, 05/20/2003 09:29PM
Posted 05/20/2003 09:29PM Opening Post
Im amazed all all the heckling, questioning, slandering
in this forum in the negative against christianity and the bible and Jesus. How come there is no questioning against
other religous beliefs such as Islam, or buddism, or confucism, or hinduism. Is this forum on philosphy and
religon only for bashing Christianity???

my Thoughts.

Ed
Posted 05/20/2003 09:34PM #1
"How come there is no questioning against
other religous beliefs such as Islam, or buddism, or confucism, or hinduism"

Because there are no Muslims, Buddhists, Confucians or Hindus present here to argue with. Having a discussion with no opposing representative makes for a rather boring debate.

Discussions here frequently center on various Christian vs. non-religious because, frankly, that's the representation here.
Posted 05/21/2003 04:24AM #2
Ed,
i don't think that christianity is so very badly slandered here... no more than, say, agnosticism, atheism, or Islam.

Look over the past posts. Okay, i'll grant that some folks give the christian crowd a fair bollocking from time to time, but i've also seen the situation reversed occasionally, and i think that the -for want of a better word coming to mind- conservative christians hold their own pretty aggressively.

i have observed a tendency on the part of some to cry foul and accuse others of "bashing" at the drop of a hat, and not just in this forum.

My opinion? To hear some christians on the subject of "bashing" you may think that the heathens are at the gates, ready to round up all the believers and toss 'em to the lions. There are some christians who seem to have a regular siege mentality and aggressively counterattack rather ruthlessly at even the merest perception of a criticism.

That's just my opinion, and you may know what's said about opinions and certain body parts:

"everybody has them, and they all stink."

i shouldn't worry about christianity getting bashed here. Its defenders seem to be in a majority here, and some of them are more than up to the task.

peace.
-mw.

-mw.

QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?
-Juvenal.

QUID RIDES? MUTATO NOMINE DE TE FABULA NARRATUR.
-Horace.
Posted 05/21/2003 11:43AM #3
>>Im amazed all all the heckling, questioning, slandering<<

Hmmm...

Every once in a while a bit of heckling has been deserved. Not all that much, but then outright heckling has not been in the majority of posts either.

But where the heck do you see *slander*!?

(Peter Parker: "You can't print that, it's slander!"
J. Jonah Jameson: "It is not! I resent that! Slander is spoken; in print it's libel.")