StarMaster Oak Classic

Started by peleuba, 08/07/2007 05:49PM
Posted 08/07/2007 05:49PM Opening Post
Here is a picture of a fully restored StarMaster Oak Classic. Insome ways this one is better then new. I purchased this off of Astromart in December of 2005 and spent most of 2006 rehabbing/reworking almost everything on the telescope.

It's got a new OTA, new primary from CZ, quartz secondary, and new focuser. I completely disassembled the dob base, replaced some wood and refinished it in its entirety. I also reworked the altitide bearings adding teflon and Ebony Star. I am really happy with the final product.

Its was my first ever ATM project. And, I will say that telescopes make poor investment vehicles as I have sunk much more money into this project then I could recoup if I ever wanted to sell it.

Paul

Attached Image:

peleuba's attachment for post 38162
Posted 08/08/2007 12:24AM #1
Hi Paul,

Very nice job- the scope looks great!
Jack
Posted 08/08/2007 12:30AM #2
That is really nice, Paul! grin
You sure did put some work into it!
Good photos, too.
Linton
Posted 08/08/2007 01:25AM #3
Thanks guys for all of the kind words... And Linton - that set of TV Plossls you sold me has gotten lots of use during the apparitions if Jupiter and Saturn. I find that TV plossls provide some of the best planetary views of any eyepiece. I put the Oak Classic on one of my Tom O. platforms and I am good to go.