Northern Cardinal

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

I don't know how to address this.....

Started by ttsmith, 05/25/2012 05:44PM
Posted 05/25/2012 05:44PM Opening Post
...and I usually don't do this, but there's a first time for everything....My father died on May 6 in his sleep after several years of the Grim Reaper chasing him down with congestive heart failure, so now he is beyond our mortal help. My wife is in the hospital tonight suffering what appears to be acute liver failure from secondary liver cancer caused by a metastasis of breast cancer, and the prognosis is Not Good at best. Whatever calls on God, or Goddess of whatever name by which you know Him/Her, you might have to offer that could help influence the course of events would be most gratefully appreciated.
Posted 05/25/2012 06:07PM | Edited 05/25/2012 06:07PM #1
KISS

Lord I need your help - your guidance - your love - your strength.

Please lead me and I will follow. I believe you have a plan for me and I am ready to learn how you will work through me.

Lord please bless my wife and give her strength and comfort. I love her so.

My Father in Heaven please bless me and comfort me.

More will come to you - take it - there is only one source of love and you have just opened your heart.

Lord please bless Ted and his wife in this time of need - please give them the strength and understanding they need.
I ask it in Jesus' name
Amen
Herb
Posted 05/25/2012 06:39PM #2
In times like these, there is little that makes you feel better. But, life is just one part of our journey, we are here but a short time. Though passing seems sad, it is not a terrible thing, but it troubles those left behind.
Take heart and realize that there are things that we can not change, we must just accept, but it is not easy to admit this.
Make the most of the days that you have, make your wife glad that you are there and let her know that you will be there for her, no matter what.
Let the last days be the best days and bring a smile and a kind word. Grant any wish that is your ability to grant. Do not dwell on the sadness but rather on the good times that you have shared.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 05/25/2012 07:14PM #3
God bless you, Ted. Here is a Psalm my wife read to me as I lay struggling for my life in the hospital:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+46&version=NIV

It gave us both great comfort and strength. He is a refuge in the storm.
Posted 05/25/2012 09:08PM #4
Ted Smith said:
... you might have to offer that could help influence the course of events would be most gratefully appreciated.

I will pray especially for you and your wife this morning when I celebrate the Eucharist. I will ask Jesus to watch over you and your family. I will ask a certain friend of mine, who is already in heaven, to intercede for your wife. And I will pray also for your father.

Sincerely,
Fr Joe Babendreier

In lumine tuo videbimus lumen.

8O Home-made 10” Dob / Home-made 4” refractor

EPs: Konig 32mm (1.25") / Zhumell WF 30mm (2") / Nagler 13mm T1 / Orion Sirius Plossls 25 & 10mm / Zhumell Plossl 9 mm / Meade MA 9mm
Posted 05/27/2012 10:57AM #5
All: My wife passed away last night at 6:15 PM....Thanks much for all your best wishes. Ted