Scorpion and Jupiter, August 07

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

My Mother

Started by Astroimage2002, 03/20/2012 07:30PM
Posted 03/20/2012 07:30PM Opening Post
I will take all the good words I can get. My mother had been recently diagnosed with uterine cancer. The cancer has breached the wall... it is in her liver and on her bones... I can only ask you to put in good words with the man up stairs... it is in his hands now.

Posted 03/20/2012 07:47PM #1
Hi Brian,
Sorry to hear your mother has these problems, but my best wishes are with her. We each fight our demons and eventually, we lose our battle with them. Make the best of the moments you have left and make her remaining time the best possible and do not forget to tell her everything that you need to say. I wish I had thought of that with my own parents. smile

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 03/23/2012 08:31AM #2
I will also put My prayers out for Mom.
Pete
Posted 03/23/2012 06:37PM #3
Brian:

I'm praying for her, and you, right now. And I'll continue.

Great wisdom from Floyd.

Jeff

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" 8O
Posted 03/24/2012 04:33PM #4
Thank you everyone for the kind posts. I am still numb and wish that I could do more.

Again, put a good word with the man upstairs. She can use it.

Brian
Posted 04/04/2012 05:05PM #5
A simple hug or holding her hand, may be enough for her. Though outwardly she may seem not to see or understand, inside she may still be there.

david goldman said:

My mother is in a nursing home here in Orlando. Her mind is gone but she is still well physicaly at 88 years of age.
I cannot tell you how painfull it is not to be able to have any kind of normal dialog. The only conforting thought is that our moms are still with us until the Lord is ready to take her home when it's time.
Be strong in spirit my friend.

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 04/08/2012 06:16AM #6
Like Floyd said, your Mom is there and at some level no doctor can define she's there.

I remember a doctor once being amazed that a patient was able to communicate with his wife even though suffering from severe degradation of the brain because of a brain tumor. Scientifically, he would have said it was impossible. But it was happening.

You just never know. Or rather, we do know that people are still people, with heart and soul, with life and love, even when they're sick.

I'll keep praying for you!

Sincerely,
Fr Joe

In lumine tuo videbimus lumen.

8O Home-made 10” Dob / Home-made 4” refractor

EPs: Konig 32mm (1.25") / Zhumell WF 30mm (2") / Nagler 13mm T1 / Orion Sirius Plossls 25 & 10mm / Zhumell Plossl 9 mm / Meade MA 9mm
Posted 04/08/2012 10:37AM #7
You've got my prayers Brian. God bless you and your mother.

Oklahoma State University--The University of Oklahoma!--GO POKES!! GO STATE!!
Posted 04/10/2012 10:48AM #8
Brian,

Remember two things through this...

1) Cancer is limited ... it cannot cripple love, it cannot shatter hope, it cannot corrode faith, it cannot eat away peace, it cannot destroy confidence, it cannot shut out memories it cannot silence courage, it cannot invade the soul, it cannot reduce eternal life, it cannot quench the spirit, and it cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.

2) That you and your mom can every day, regardless of the circumstances of that day, share love, foster hope, support each other in faith, promote peace, build confidence, recall with joy memories, give each other courage, uplift your souls, pray for eternal life, enliven your spirits, and be reverent in the power of the Reurrection.

Don't give cancer the power it does not have. Always just focus on #2 as this brings all good things. God bless.
Posted 04/21/2012 07:12PM #9
All,

I thank you for your prayers. My Mother passed away at 10:45 on Tuesday (4/17/12). Two months after her cancer diagnosis. She was buried today.

My step Father, big sister, little sister, her grandson(and his wife, what a special lady she is), grand daughter and I were by her side at the end. 66 years young.

Wife, Mom and Mamaw; we miss you more than words can express.

Brian