My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

New mount announcement- 1600 GTO

Started by RolandC, 04/20/2012 06:39PM
Posted 04/20/2012 06:39PM Opening Post
To all,
We are very excited to announce our new 1600GTO German Equatorial mount, which features optional Absolute Encoders available for both R.A. and Dec. - the pinnacle of precision. Absolute Encoders provide completely error-free tracking, software readable absolute position, homing and customizable limit functions.

Additional features include: through-the-mount cabling, instrument carrying capacity of approximately 220 lbs. (100 kg), 0-78 degree latitude range and quick, automatic worm mesh. The 1600GTO includes the time-proven GTOCP3 Servo Control Box for reliable operation. When paired with Astro-Physics Command Center (APCC - scheduled to be released very soon), the 1600GTO is a robust imaging platform for remote observation.

The 1600GTO was designed to grow with you as you explore new avenues of astronomy. It can be used in its basic configuration with the Keypad for simple backyard observing or you can add the optional Absolute Encoders when you are ready for the most demanding astro-imaging. The encoders are field-upgradable so that you do not have to return the mount to Astro-Physics to have them installed.

This mount will have its debut at the Northeast Astro Imaging Conference (NEAIC) next Thursday, April 26 and be featured at our booth at the Northeast Astronomy Forum & Telescope Show (NEAF) during the weekend. If you are planning to attend, please stop by to check it out.

The pricing and delivery schedule have not been finalized, however we plan to have more information next week. Please do not call the office. For the next few days, we will be packing our equipment for transport to NEAIC and NEAF. We will add more information to our website after we return.

For those of you interested in the 1200GTO, we regret to inform you that it will no longer be available to purchase. Instead, you may want to consider this next generation mount in the same size class. Each person on the 1200GTO notification list will receive an e-mail today with this announcement. Their names will automatically be transferred to the 1600GTO notification list. If a smaller mount will suit your needs, consider our 900GTO. It is currently available for delivery within a few days of your order.

Please check out this link for more information:
http://www.astro-physics.com/products/mounts/1600gto/1600gto.pdf

http://www.astro-physics.com/webdata/notify.htm

Clear Skies!

Marj Christen
Vice President
Astro-Physics, Inc
11250 Forest Hills Road
Machesney Park, IL 61115
Phone: 815-282-1513
Fax: 815-282-9847
www.astro-physics.com
Please include this e-mail with your response.
Posted 04/21/2012 01:41AM #1
Sounds like a great mount with really nice new features! One question I have after reading your announcement. You say that the Absolute Encoders are field upgradable. Does that mean they will be able to be used with other AP mounts eventually? I am just curious smile

I image with an AP1200gto from Wisconsin at only 1050mm so while this feature seems really really neat I do not think I need it. At 1050mm I autoguide out any errors with ease with the AP1200gto. And being from Wisconsin I have no desire to go up to higher focal lengths because seeing usually does not support it.

Also, it looks like the AP1600 attaches to a pier with a different type of plate then the AP1200. Is that the case?

Thanks,
Mike
Athelstane, WI