Sun on June 20th

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Have you used the $99 Eyepiece Set?

Started by astromart55, 01/30/2003 02:15PM
Posted 01/30/2003 02:15PM Opening Post
Hey gang. These eyepiece sets have been out for a couple months now. I have two myself and like them a lot. But I'm the only person that has posted any sort of review on them. Mine is on the NexstarGPS and Nexstar Yahoo groups and are a couple weeks old already.

I'm curious to hear how others feel about them. I'd prefer to hear from those that have actually used them.

Don Wyman

Don Wyman
Obsession #1166 18" f/4.5
with Argo Navis and ServoCat
WO Megrez 90 APO
Coronado PST
Posted 02/02/2003 11:56AM #1

Hi Don,

I have a good friend who has a scope shop here in town and have used them quite a bit with a TAK and some other scopes.I too was quite surprised at the views.I,ve done quite a bit of planetary viewing with them and the views were very sharp.even the barlow performed well.Granted their not Televue quality but for $99 including a nice case its a good value.

Dave
Posted 02/04/2003 03:59PM #2

Hi Don, I have had them all, radians you name it. After spending mucho money over the years I decided to just stick with good quality eyepieces.For the viewing I do I just couldn,t justify the cost for the ultra high end ones anymore.The view I was getting with them wasn,t that much better to me.

Dave